Medical Support Associate, Sydney (Registered Nurse/Pharmacist) | Part Time
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (What you’ll be doing)
Eucalyptus believes that providing multidisciplinary clinical support to patients throughout their treatment is critical to achieving our mission. We want to provide patients access to the right clinician at the right time to support their journey.
The Medical Support Specialist will play a vital role working alongside doctors, nurses and pharmacists to triage, assess and support patients throughout their treatment. This position is ideal for individuals who are passionate about digital health and improving patients access to care, that would like a flexible part time roster.
Your responsibilities may include:
The main responsibilities of your role include:
The individual service delivery of high and urgent severity enquiries
- Provide proactive and reactive medical support to patients with a range of conditions, by triaging, offering support to patients experiencing side effects and/or symptoms related or unrelated to their medication and addressing patient enquiries
- Work closely with registered nurses, pharmacists, dietitians and health coaches to provide holistic care to patients
- Take necessary precautions to ensure patient safety, especially when addressing medical concerns and side effects
- Experience - A Registered Pharmacist or Registered Nurse with 2+ years post-registration experience in the healthcare industry
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and in a patient-friendly manner via email
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating effectively with team members, and adept at handling frequent interruptions and adapting to changes in workload and schedule
- Task-oriented mindset with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring adherence to processes with precision
Bonus points for:
- Triaging in a clinic or emergency setting
- Previous work experience in tele-health
- Passion for weight loss, skincare, sexual health or fertility
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme.
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.