Strategic Partnerships Manager
WHO WE ARE
Oh hey, how exciting to see you here!
We’re Greener, and we’re helping to solve the most pressing problem of our time. Working with experts using the latest environmental and behavioural science, and data that’s backed by the UN, Greener provides simple solutions to get greener that are better for people, business and the planet (and by getting greener we mean getting ‘net zero emissions'). We do this in two ways.
First, Greener for Business is a free solution that makes it easy for businesses to get greener, by providing them with their own personalised step-by-step roadmap, identifying opportunities to save money at the same time, and supercharging their sustainability efforts to attract new customers and build brand loyalty.
Second, our Greener app takes the guesswork out of living more sustainably for consumers by allowing them to securely link their bank account to easily track their carbon footprint, receive personalised swaps to help get greener, and discover hundreds of Greener Partners that automatically turn every purchase carbon neutral at no extra cost.
We’re now backed by the biggest names in Australian business and retail, including the Australian Retailers Association (largest retail association), the largest energy retailer, and a Big-4 Bank, and working to bring about a world where getting greener is the better, easier option for everyone, to help end climate change.
To achieve this super ambitious vision we need to build a world class team, so we’re super glad you’re here. And who knows… Maybe you’re the one to help us scale this world-first to solve the most pressing problem of our time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Partnerships is a relatively new function within Greener. We are looking for someone who can take the early building blocks already created and grow the function to establish and rapidly scale our world first proposition.
In this full-time role you are the type of person who prospers in a “player/coach” type of role, where you bring a strategic mindset and focus on the big picture, yet thrive on rolling your sleeves up and getting your hands dirty in execution.
You will work closely with Greener’s Founder, Head of B2B Marketing, and BDM to evolve Greener’s go-to-market strategy to integrate partnerships in a way that will deliver unparalleled growth and loyalty for this world first Green Economy.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and execute on the partnerships strategy, establishing the foundations for success (processes, technology, commercial models, etc).
- Articulate and pitch Greener’s holistic value proposition, not only as a method that increases customer loyalty and brand equity, but also as an impact platform to reduce emissions, and a marketing network that can reduce a company’s customer acquisition cost.
- Seek out and cultivate relationships with partners in a way that extracts all possible value from the partnership.
- Employ a full lifecycle approach with partners whereby you’ll develop commercial arrangements, manage the execution of agreements and their deliverables, and work to monetise and derive maximum value from the relationship over time.
- Hold partners accountable to deliver value that was agreed to underpin the partnership.
- Convert these partners into loyal advocates of Greener in a way that turns them into an external salesforce for Greener.
- Generate high volumes of qualified leads for the BD team in a way that ensures every BDM has a full diary of qualified leads to close.
- Work with Greener’s Head of B2B Marketing to drive strategic partner events and marketing activities to drive new business growth.
- Grow to be the known subject matter expert in the sustainability partner ecosystem.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF…
- You have worked and thrived in a start-up environment before.
- You've successfully built and scaled a partnerships function from scratch.
- You have a proven track record of monetising strategic partnerships and identifying new opportunities for growth
- “Relationships” is your middle name, and you’d hit the ground running being able to leverage your existing relationships to establish relevant strategic partnerships, quickly.
- You enjoy structuring and establishing new partnerships, as much as you enjoy working with partners over time to maximise value for Greener.
- You can identify value within a strategic partnership that not many people can.
- You have strong commercial acumen, and the ability to critically analyse the cost/benefit of opportunities and potential ROI.
- You have a “whatever it takes” attitude, and bring an agile mindset to thrive in ambiguous, fast paced, high growth environments.
- You are a problem solver who thrives when faced with complex challenges
- You are results driven and focused on setting and achieving measurable outcomes for every partnership
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WORKING AT GREENER
- Equity: opportunity to participate in Employee Share Option Plan
- Volunteer days: you’ll get to dedicate 2-3 work days per year to volunteer causes you are passionate about
- Wellness platform: access to the Uprise platform, where you can leverage wellbeing resources, access 1-on-1 coaching and mental health professionals
- Free GreenPower: we subsidise the team to upgrade to certified renewable energy at home
- Hybrid and flexible work arrangement: with Wednesday & Thursday as 'anchor days' in the office in Sydney CBD
- Expense card: team members are given an expense card and given discretion to spend as they fit within reason
- Stone & Chalk offices: our coworking space runs weekly events such as free breakfasts, sweet snack get togethers, networking drinks, and expert incursions