Senior Analytics Engineer
About the role:
Working on a range of exciting projects, from churn to demand forecasting and dynamic pricing, you'll have the chance to apply your skills to real-world problems and make a meaningful impact. You'll collaborate closely with product teams, data engineers, and data analysts to shape the direction of the hipages marketplace as we continue to grow and evolve.
- Competitive salary, benefits and perks, plus equity via our Employee Share Program
- Work from home with a 50/50 hybrid working model
- Inhouse Talent Development team to support your personal career growth and plan for your promotion!
- See real-time impact of your work in collaborative cross-functional teams
- Thrive in a data-driven culture with two-way support and respect
How you will add value:
- Design, code, experiment, and implement models in DBT and Databricks. Scaling out our analytics data pipelines working closely with the Data Analysts and the Data Engineers.
- Identify new opportunities and streamline processes for our analytics stack across DBT and Looker BI.
- Develop and maintain our current Looker BI environment and codebase.
- Support the documentation of data models, data pipelines and data analysis processes.
- Help shape our analytics engineering practices, ensuring reproducibility, observability, and quality control such as style guides and contributing to our data handbook.
- Support the delivery of data products and data science platform capabilities across the data ecosystem to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Apply engineering and product best practices to apply agile and iterative approaches to releasing data products and platform capabilities.
- Educate data and wider business stakeholders on analytics engineer best practices.
- Contribute to fostering an open, positive atmosphere within the team, promoting collaboration, learning, and growth.
- Advanced level of SQL or equivalent,
- Strong SQL experience in modelling (Kimball, Vault, etc)
- Strong experience with DBT (Data Build Tools)
- Experience with Data Visualisation tools like Looker BI.
- Experience deploying and maintaining data science models, products and infrastructure,
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiar with the mechanics of a two-sided marketplace
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about all things data, and ability to digest complex data and storytelling
- Can lead, work independently as well as play a key role in a team
- Communication skills with effective stakeholder management & conflict resolution skills
About the company:
We are an Australian-owned, ASX-listed tech company and the leading online tradie marketplace in Australia. Inspired and driven by our purpose of transforming the trade industry, building better lives for everyone, hipages Group operates via three technology-enabled platforms; hipages, Tradiecore, and Builderscrack (NZ) with over 300 team members across Australia, China, Philippines and New Zealand.
Take a look inside our home:
Ranked #2 in Best Places to Work in Australia for the past two years, we offer meaningful, impactful work collaborating and innovating with the best and brightest in a transparent, supportive and fast-paced work environment:
- Close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities
- Strengths based organisation with in house coaching to help you leverage what makes you special
- Holistic wellbeing focus with EAP access, meditation room, daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks and diversity initiatives and celebrations
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station, with multiple indoor and outdoor collaboration and social areas
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, 2x big company parties per year and regular and fun teaming activities - we work hard but play hard too!
We value Diversity:
Innovation & Collaboration are core values at hipages, and are impossible to cultivate without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas, we’re more interested in who you are as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.