Business Development Manager
About the role:
Reaching out directly to SME trade businesses that will complement our market-driven tradie marketplace. This will be done by identifying prospects through a ‘hunting’ prospecting list, making contact with key decision makers and selling them the benefits of the hipages platform.
- Uncapped commission, benefits and perks, plus equity via our Employee Share Program
- HI-Achiever Club recognises and rewards high performance with awesome incentives and prizes
- Work for a market leader in the industry as part of a high-performing team
- Birthday, anniversary and volunteer leave
How you will add value:
- Meeting and exceeding daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and sales targets
- Comfortable with cold calling and business development conversions to introduce our product and services to SME customers across varying categories and geographic regions
- Making a high volume of outbound calls, predominantly prospecting to introduce our product and services
- Closing the sale and signing up new customers over the phone, via Zoom sessions or face to face (F2F)
- Effective note-taking on all client interactions and input into CRM system
- Experience in sales prospecting over the phone
- Confidence to deliver value propositions, sales conversations based on Business Needs Assessment (BNA), getting through a variety of gatekeepers and strong closing skills.
- Confident in face-to-face (including zoom) sales meetings
- Having a “hunter” mentality, strong sales drive and resillence
About the company:
We are an Australian-owned, ASX-listed tech company and the leading online tradie marketplace in Australia. Inspired and driven by our purpose of transforming the trade industry, building better lives for everyone, hipages Group operates via three technology-enabled platforms; hipages, Tradiecore, and Builderscrack (NZ) with over 300 team members across Australia, China, Philippines and New Zealand.
Take a look inside our home:
Ranked #2 in Best Places to Work in Australia for the past two years, we offer meaningful, impactful work collaborating and innovating with the best and brightest in a transparent, supportive and fast-paced work environment:
- Close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities
- Strengths-based organisation with in-house coaching to help you leverage what makes you special
- Holistic well-being focus with EAP access, meditation room, daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks and diversity initiatives and celebrations.
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, 2x big company parties per year and regular and fun teaming activities - we work hard but play hard too!
We value Diversity:
Innovation & Collaboration are core values at hipages, and are impossible to cultivate without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas, we’re more interested in who you are as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.