About the role:
This role will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering a modern and self-serve Data Platform. You will work closely with fellow engineers, Product Manager and other key stakeholders to migrate from legacy data tools and processes and create a platform that’s robust, scales to meet our growing needs and a delight to use for hipages internal users. We are looking for someone who has a “Make It Happen” attitude and is comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with ambiguous requirements.
- Competitive salary, benefits and perks, plus equity via our Employee Share Program
- Work from home with 50/50 hybrid working model
- Cross functional collaboration with autonomous work driven by your own innovation
- Leverage hands-on learning, coaching opportunities and workshops for continuous upskilling
- Inhouse Talent Development team to support your personal career growth and plan for your promotion!
How you will add value:
- Build the next generation Data Platform, working closely with various stakeholders including vendors
- Write high quality software, deploy it and own its end-to-end lifecycle
- Select, acquire and integrate structured and unstructured data from disparate sources and build pipelines that integrate the data in a performant fashion.
- Identify and resolve production issues, handle production incidents, coordinate with impacted teams and improve the system in this process.
- Contribute to discussions on system architecture; write and review technical design documents
- Help our internal users onboard the new Platform and coach them to use it effectively
- 6+ years’ experience in delivering solutions on Big Data technologies, Analytics and Business Intelligence platforms
- Mastery in Python and SQL (preferred if you have experience across more languages e.g. .NET, TypeScript etc).
- Demonstrated capability in distributed data technologies (both batch and streaming) e.g. Kafka/Spark and data lake or warehouse technologies e.g. Databricks/Snowflake.
- Experience working with a cloud platform (AWS is preferred). Familiarity with Devops toolchain e.g. Github Actions, Terraform, Kubernetes ecosystem tools like Helm, ArgoCD etc.
- Great if you have
- Experience with cross-cutting concerns in Data Platforms eg lineage, orchestration, data quality, security etc and related tools eg Airflow/Dagster, Datahub/Apache Atlas, Soda/Great Expectations, Immuta etc.
- Strong understanding of modern software delivery practices and processes eg test automation, CI/CD, incremental and iterative delivery
- Experience working with ELT tools e.g. DBT
About the company:
We are an Australian-owned, ASX-listed tech company and the leading online tradie marketplace in Australia. Inspired and driven by our purpose of transforming the trade industry, building better lives for everyone, hipages Group operates via three technology-enabled platforms; hipages, Tradiecore, and Builderscrack (NZ) with over 300 team members across Australia, China, Philippines and New Zealand.
Take a look inside our home:
Ranked #3 in Best Places to Work in Australia for the past 3 years, we offer meaningful, impactful work collaborating and innovating with the best and brightest in a transparent, supportive and fast-paced work environment:
- Close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities
- Strengths based organisation with in house coaching to help you leverage what makes you special
- Holistic wellbeing focus with EAP access, meditation room, daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks and diversity initiatives and celebrations
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station, with multiple indoor and outdoor collaboration and social areas
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, 2x big company parties per year and regular and fun teaming activities - we work hard but play hard too!
We value Diversity:
Innovation & Collaboration are core values at hipages, and are impossible to cultivate without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas, we’re more interested in who you are as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.