Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer within the team, your role will be to develop and deliver our product, working closely within a cross functional team, and other key stakeholders. You will be influential in defining the future of this product and the hipages software architecture as we continue to evolve. This is a greenfield project, building the product's first version with .NET Core and React Native, employing Domain Driven Design and CQRS.
- Hybrid model with 50% work from home
- Inhouse Talent Development team to priortise career growth
- Competitive salary, benefits and perks, plus equity via our Employee Share Program
How you will add value:
- Raising the bar of what-good-looks-like within hipages Engineering
- Design, development, and delivery of quality, maintainable software applications
- Creation of APIs which will be consumed both internally and externally
- Involvement in data-driven product experimentation
- Writing clean, scalable, testable code to support and enable the growth of the company
- Participation in discussions of system architecture
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior team members
- Relevant software engineering experience within a product organisation or startup environment
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining .NET applications
- Experience in building full stack applications. Some experience working with React is a plus, but any frontend technology is acceptable
- Good understanding of modern CICD practices
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban) and writing automated tests
- Strong skills in .NET core,
- Some experience in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining backend applications
- Some understanding of Containers / Docker & relevant technologies
- Good understanding of NoSQL Databases (Ideally MongoDB) and EventSourcing & CQRS Concept
About the company:
We are an Australian-owned, ASX-listed tech company and the leading online tradie marketplace in Australia. Inspired and driven by our purpose of transforming the trade industry, building better lives for everyone, hipages Group operates via three technology-enabled platforms; hipages, Tradiecore, and Builderscrack (NZ) with over 300 team members across Australia, China, Philippines and New Zealand.
Take a look inside our home:
Ranked Top 3 in Best Places to Work in Australia for the past three years, we offer meaningful, impactful work collaborating and innovating with the best and brightest in a transparent, supportive and fast-paced work environment:
- Close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities
- Strengths based organisation with in house coaching to help you leverage what makes you special
- Holistic wellbeing focus with EAP access, meditation room, daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks and diversity initiatives and celebrations
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station, with multiple indoor and outdoor collaboration and social areas
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, 2x big company parties per year and regular and fun teaming activities - we work hard but play hard too!
We value Diversity:
Innovation & Collaboration are core values at hipages, and are impossible to cultivate without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas, we’re more interested in who you are as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.