Business Operations Lead
Welcome to HotDoc! 👋
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2012, HotDoc is Australia’s largest patient engagement platform with over 11 million app downloads in Australia.
The past 18 months have seen massive growth for our business, our team, and our community. We now work with over 25,000 practitioners around Australia, including GPs, Allied Health, Dental Practices, Specialists, and Optometrists.
We have ambitious goals to improve the healthcare experience for everyone in Australia with exceptional patient journeys, and we’re looking for extraordinary individuals to help us get there.
What’s in it for you
In this role you’ll be joining the Operations & Data team at HotDoc, consisting of other business operations analysts, a data engineering lead and data engineers.
- You’ll be leading the Operations portion of the team, alongside HotDoc’s Data Engineering Lead.
- You’ll be in charge of creating an environment for team members to thrive in, leading the prioritisation of work, uplifting process and capability where needed and helping HotDoc achieve its mission of improving the healthcare experience for all Australians
- You’ll be managing 3 existing business analysts and working within a total team size of 8.
- You’ll report directly into HotDoc’s Head of Revenue.
- You’ll build core alliances with your peers (Engineering Managers, Customer Success Team Leaders etc)
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for creating the best environment possible for team members to succeed in, as well as contributing on specific projects and initiatives yourself.
You will be involved in:
- Prioritisation & Resource Allocation: Refine, implement and own the systems and processes in which Operations & Data rely on to identify, ingest, prioritise and resource work streams accordingly
- Progression & Development: Manage, coach and deliver on team members’ development plans by planning quarterly initiatives associated with their personal development plans, setting them up to succeed in their development.
- Management: Develop close knit bonds with team members whilst delivering clear expectations in line with HotDocs cultural and leadership norms
- Strategic Participation: Participate in and help drive HotDoc’s cyclical planning processes to prioritise resource and work past implementation challenges
- Operational Planning & Communication: Present information on changes in strategic direction, investment and insight back to the team from future strategic planning sessions with your peers
As Business Operations Lead you will take over ownership for instilling a standard of high quality delivery and periodic uplift in these internal systems and processes.
What you must have to apply for this role
- 3-5+ years working as a Business Analyst or appropriate lateral role type
- 1-3+ years experience managing a team
- Moderate SQL capability
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate that
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- You’re empathetic and care about doing right by others
- You can take ownership of problems and their solutions
- You’re passionate about getting the best out of your people
- You’re passionate about HealthTech and/or SaaS
What do our employees love about working for HotDoc?
Our people are at the heart of HotDoc. We are an employee first company and recognise that we can’t provide a great patient experience, if we don’t look out for our employees.
- Remote & hybrid workers are all set up to work effectively from home.
- Hybrid workers can enjoy the flexibility to work from home and work from our Melbourne CBD office.
- Access to our free Health & Wellbeing Program.
- Access to a generous L&D and book budget.
- Parental leave program including 12 weeks paid primary caregiver pay & 6 weeks paid secondary caregiver pay.
- 3 x HotWeeks per year with company wide events & activities in the office for all remote and hybrid staff.
- Access to 8 EAP sessions per year through Uprise.
- Access to Career & Strengths coaching with our in-house L&D Coach.
- Dedicated Manager training & Leadership Coaching Program for developing leaders.
If you want to find out more about what it is like to work at HotDoc, check out our Instagram @hotdoconline and watch a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIOI3xrF6uE
HotDoc is a place where you can be you.
We celebrate diversity at HotDoc and we welcome all applications.
If you would like to find out more about how we celebrate diversity, please click https://practices.hotdoc.com.au/diversity-inclusion-belonging/