About the opportunity
One of our long standing teams responsible for a highly visible national school testing system is in need of a Product Owner.
Our Product Owners are an integral role in our delivery teams and are responsible for ensuring our teams have clear prioritised work. This role will ultimately define the direction of the teams work with considerations from our large customer, project managers and support teams.
What you will be accountable for:
- Be responsible for managing and prioritising the product backlog
- Be an expert user of the systems that are owned
- Manage the delivery forecasts, progress and delivery dates with stakeholders
- Manage the release burndown (forecast of product releases)
- Ensure every sprint value can be shown to our customer (internal or external)
This is a permanent full time position welcoming candidates to an immediate start. Candidates across Australia are welcome to apply and can enjoy hybrid or remote work options.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Working with Children Check due to the nature of the projects they are involved in. These checks will be reimbursed by Janison if the candidate does not already obtain these.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience being a technical product owner, and possibly be a BA looking to move to a product Owner role. You will have an advantage if you have a Scrum Product Owner Certification, and ideally have some background in education.
You will also have:
- Excellent knowledge of the Agile framework and scrum practices
- Great facilitator and communicator skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong understanding of consumer needs
- Experience in software development is an advantage but not essential
- Experience working with development and testing teams.
- An understanding of software development concepts
- Understanding of Azure and the terminology this brings
If you’re not sure you qualify for the role but are interested in joining Janison, then connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our P&C team will keep an eye out for future opportunities that may be of interest to you.
If interested in the role, please apply by following the application prompts. If suitable, someone from the hiring team will be in touch with you.
Interested to joining Janison, but not sure if you qualify? Please send your CV and a bit about what you’re after to email@example.com
By submitting your application with Janison, you confirm acknowledgement of Janison’s Applicant Privacy Notice which you can view here.
*Please no external agencies*