Sourcing & Development Specialist
Koala's mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
We are looking for a world class Product Developer for new markets as we expand our global footprint. You will help us launch products that continue to surprise and delight our customers around the world. Are you ready to take on the career opportunity of a lifetime?
- Step into the role as a category expert with a deep understanding of the upholstery furniture industry.
- Take ownership of the timeline by influencing key stakeholders across teams throughout the development cycle to ensure all products remain on track, to brief and on time.
- Influence senior stakeholders for sign-off on new products to go into production.
- Lead and/or contribute to projects on behalf of Koala US.
- Coordinate all aspects of product samples and ensure adherence to sample budgets, arrange supplier payments, and coordinate sample shipping.
- Responsible for the profitability of the category through new product cost negotiation and ongoing cost of goods management of in market products.
- Influence key stakeholders in commercial decisions that maximize the profitability for all products.
- Develop a deep understanding of your supplier’s capabilities (e.g. materials, costs, lead times), to ensure alignment with current and future business needs.
- Be accountable for professional and long term relationships with suppliers.
- Lead the supplier negotiations on commercial agreement, trading terms, rebates and payment terms.
- Manage the relationships and lead the negotiations with existing and new licensing and certification partners.
- Work alongside the QC team with regards managing supplier due diligence and product quality expectations.