Law Graduate | Employment
LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology allow our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia, New Zealand and the UK, and has assisted more than 150,000 businesses. We were named an Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2019 and 2020, and Law Firm of the Year at the 2021 and 2022 Australasian Law Awards.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employment Law Graduate to launch their legal career at Australia’s fastest growing law firm. LegalVision was founded to improve access for every business to quality legal services, disrupt the traditional law firm model, and promote a culture of technological innovation in Australia and beyond. As a Graduate at LegalVision, you will play a critical role in bringing this mission to life.
You will receive comprehensive formal and on the job training focused on technical legal knowledge, matter management, and client service to give you a strong understanding of the legal needs of Australian businesses, in order to provide pragmatic advice.
What You’ll Be Doing
Working in the Employment team and under the supervision of our Practice Leader and Senior Lawyers, you’ll be communicating with clients and taking care of matters from your first month! Once you're up to speed, a typical day for may include (among other things):
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts, independent contractor agreements and workplace policies.
- Advising on employee entitlements, including minimum wage and paid leave.
- Advising on restraints of trade and enforcement of restraints.
- Advising on hiring and termination procedures and risk of claims.
- Advising on and resolving employment grievances and disputes.
- Speaking with clients through our industry leading Legal Advice Consultation service.
- Conducting legal research.
- Participating in firm-wide initiatives such as article writing for our website, attending events organised by our Social Venture Committee, playing lunchtime netball, or enjoying a coffee break at one of Surry Hills' many amazing cafes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified with strong academics: You have completed your Australian law degree and are either already admitted as a Lawyer, or will be admitted by the end of December 2023.
- Wants to do things differently and isn’t the average law graduate: You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are keen to grow as a lawyer in an innovative NewLaw environment.
- Passionate about the client experience: You are focused on your clients and you’re dedicated to creating experiences that exceed client expectations.
- Personable, empathetic and resilient: You are friendly, warm and professional. You celebrate the ups and push through and learn from the downs.
- Cool and calm under pressure: You are an organised and efficient worker, and can effectively manage competing priorities.
- Fast-paced environment with accelerated growth opportunities for high performers.
- Talented and energetic teammates across the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, plus paid birthday leave, volunteering leave, and parental leave.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning and development.
- Regular firm-wide socials, drinks and team lunches.
- Vibrant (and dog friendly!) office environment in Surry Hills, super close to Central Station.
- No suits = more money to spend at Messina up the road!
If joining LegalVision as a Graduate in our Employment Law team sounds like the perfect start to your legal career, we’d love to hear from you!