Lawyer | Tax | 2-4 PQE
LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our mission is to power the success of every business by delivering legal support that is proactive, affordable and commercial, and the key way we do this is through our industry-first legal services membership. We have assisted over 200,000 businesses across New Zealand, Australia and the UK, and we’re just scratching the surface. We were named Law Firm of the Year at the 2021 and 2022 Australasian Law Awards, and a 5 Star Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2023.
We’re looking for a mid-level Lawyer to join our successful and growing Tax practice in Australia. In this role, you can expect to assist numerous small and medium sized businesses with a broad range of tax law needs. This position suits a versatile tax lawyer looking to both refine and expand their knowledge base and skillset in a fast-paced, friendly and collaborative environment. We are open to candidates located anywhere in Australia.
How We Support Our Clients:
- Initial business structuring and planning;
- Restructuring/CGT rollover relief;
- Business exit planning (incl. small business CGT concessions);
- ESS/ESOP design and eligibility advice;
- Flip-ups into the US or to other foreign jurisdictions
- Reviewing and assisting with business structures and terms for marketplaces/platforms/GIG economy
- Assisting with PAYG, superannuation and payroll tax obligations on contractor arrangements
- Advising with the ‘early stage innovative company’ concession
- Advising on capital raises and inbound investment
- Drafting/amending trust deeds;
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience as a tax lawyer in a practice environment. Additional experience in general corporate and commercial law will be highly valued.
- Attentive: Brilliant attention to detail - nothing ever slips through the cracks.
- Efficient: Prioritises effectively, focuses on what matters and works productively.
- Commercial: Demonstrates business acumen and cares about business growth (including helping to grow LegalVision further).
- Collaborative: Gets a kick out of working with smart, fun and passionate people and learning from them.
- Adaptable: Grasps new concepts quickly, improves every day and goes with the flow.
- Service Orientated: Loves assisting clients and providing an amazing experience.
- Optimistic: Sees the best in situations, is solutions focused and never gives up.
- Fast-paced environment with accelerated growth opportunities for high performers.
- Talented and energetic teammates across the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, plus paid birthday leave, volunteering leave, and parental leave.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning and development.
- Regular team socials, drinks and team lunches.
If this sounds like your kind of role, we’d love to hear from you!
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close once the role is filled, so apply early to avoid missing out.
A note to recruiters: we’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.