Senior Operations Manager, Carbon Projects
At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to revolutionise agriculture and address climate change. Through our cutting-edge microbial technology, we are enhancing soil health, boosting crop yields, and sequestering carbon to create a sustainable future for farming. We are committed to empowering farmers and promoting regenerative practices that benefit both the environment and their bottom line.
As a fast-growing agricultural startup, Loam offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment where innovation and passion thrive. We embrace diversity and believe that our collective expertise and shared commitment can make a significant impact on the global agricultural landscape.
Join us on this exciting journey as we transform agriculture and build a sustainable future together.
About the role:
As the Senior Operations Manager for Carbon Projects, your primary focus lies in streamlining and optimizing the operational aspects of Loam's Carbon Projects. Your role revolves around efficiently executing key initiatives, from project initiation through registration, with a sharp eye on operational compliance and strategic goal achievement. Leveraging data-driven decision-making and your expertise in agriculture and earth sciences, you will ensure the seamless execution of Carbon Projects.
In this senior role, your core mission is to drive operational excellence, and you will actively engage with growers and farmers in the field to coordinate and fine-tune the operational aspects of our initiatives.
- Lead the execution of complex carbon projects, ensuring compliance with Australian regulations.
- Develop and refine methodologies for precise project performance tracking and documentation of carbon credits.
- Foster relationships with partners, regulators, and experts to stay updated on carbon regulations.
- Provide leadership to interdisciplinary teams, guiding them to achieve milestones within budgets and timelines.
- Utilize your agricultural and earth sciences knowledge to assess feasibility, identify risks, and implement effective mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to define project goals, deliverables, and timelines.
- Manage critical administrative tasks, including budgeting, procurement, and quality control.
- Effectively communicate project progress to stakeholders through comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Play a key role in the development of high-performing personnel and actively engage with industry advisors.
- Continuously assess project outcomes, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish strong relationships with growers and farmers, working alongside them in the field to understand their needs and ensure project success.
- Bachelor's degree in either; engineering, finance, economics, accountancy, law, agriculture science
- Demonstrate substantial experience in senior project management roles, preferably in agriculture or the environmental sector.
- Advanced analytical skills for data-driven decision-making.
- Show a proven track record in stakeholder engagement within the agricultural realm.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational, leadership, and strategic skills.
- Have deep expertise in project management tools and data analysis.
- Knowledge of Australian carbon regulations is highly advantageous.
- Work autonomously with meticulous attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned professional to make a significant impact and lead transformative projects at the intersection of sustainability, agriculture, and environmental stewardship, while also directly engaging with growers and farmers on the field.
- Fast-growing start-up with many opportunities for capacity building and career development
- Work alongside leading scientists and innovators in an international organisation
- Enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture
- Competitive salary based on experience
Why you should join us:
We're tackling some of the most challenging issues of our time, and we're doing it with a team that's passionate about making a difference. If you're looking for a role where you can use your skills to contribute to a mission that matters, we'd love to hear from you.
Loam Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic.