Data Scientist - Data & Insights
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
We’re powered by purpose
Mable is an online platform connecting Australians looking for disability and aged care support to independent support workers. Since 2014, we’ve been helping our community live their kind of independence, and today we’re one of Australia's largest and fastest growing healthtech platforms.
We have been recognised in AFR’s Fast 100 list, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50, and won the Australian Growth & Australian Technology Growth Company of the Year Award in 2020! So don’t miss your opportunity to join a thriving scale-up and deliver change to Australia’s care and support sector.
As a Data Scientist at Mable you will use advanced data and analytical techniques to identify and understand our business and product challenges, communicate your insights to multiple business stakeholders, partner with cross-functional teams, and develop recommendations and prototypes to solve these challenges. You will be at the heart of a fast-paced, high growth environment where you will help drive real-world impact.
What will I be doing?
- Developing and testing rapid prototypes for data science services, and collaborating with Data Engineers to productionise the final product
- Collaborating with other Data Scientists to enhance Mable's matching engine
- Championing the use of advanced analytics across Mable, demonstrating how advanced analytics can be used to solve complex business problems
- Leading exploratory analysis to identify trends and insights, and verify hypotheses
- Identifying with data not only what is happening, but why it is happening and what it means
- Analysing the results of split (treatment / control) tests to determine which new product features or operational processes are effective
- Communicating your analysis, insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences, both verbally and in written form
- Partnering with a team of product managers, engineers, UX designers, and other business stakeholders
- Outlining the data implications for new product features
- Creating and maintaining dashboards to present insight and performance
- Ensuring that all data analysis adheres to the Mable privacy and security policies
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions which lead to actionable insights
- Good understanding of statistical modelling and machine learning techniques and using this understanding to drive business value
- Advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as R and Python
- Ability to communicate your insights and technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both verbally and in written form
- Experience using Tableau or another data visualisation tool to create data visualisations and dashboards
- Initiative and ownership to deliver work with autonomy
- Collaboration skills to partner effectively with multiple stakeholders
- A “solutions mindset” of natural curiosity and a strong motivation to solve problems, no matter how complicated or ambiguous they might be
- Comfort with ambiguity, a fast-paced environment, and rapid business growth
- Above all else, a “can-do” attitude is the most important qualification!
What else would make a difference?
- Experience with recommendation engine algorithms, especially delivering recommendation algorithms to drive business value
- Familiarity with analytics tools such as Databricks and experience working with AWS
- Experience analysing split (treatment/control) tests, including statistical analysis
We’re Switched On 💡
We know our customers because we listen and want to learn. We engage within the community and the sector and always act on insights.
We’re Bold 📣
We’re ambitious and embrace creativity to solve challenges. We’re here to reshape the industry and back big ideas.
We’re One 🤝
We channel our passion into a positive environment. We welcome diversity and collaborate to make the most of our different skills and ways of thinking.
We’re Impactful 🌟
We work hard to deliver change. We innovate and move fast to make a difference in the sector and people’s lives.
Power your career ⚡️
Learn from industry experts, experienced leaders, and on-the-job opportunities.
Work away 🌎
Get a creative boost working overseas for 4 weeks in a rolling 12-month period.
Access parental leave 👶
Get 14 weeks of paid leave for primary carers and 6 weeks of paid leave for secondary carers plus superannuation.
Work with flexibility 🏠
We’re a hybrid workplace. Collaborate at home or in the office - whatever works for you and your team.
Take a floating public holiday 🏾
Acknowledge a significant day your way with family and friends.
Be rewarded 🏆
Celebrate wins and recognise great performance with an easy and accessible Reward and Recognition program.
Get paid to take a break 🏝️
Celebrate your birthday, take a wellbeing break, volunteer - access paid leave days for what makes you happy.
Inclusion at Mable
Mable is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
People with lived experience of disability or personal experience with the aged care system are strongly encouraged to apply.
We’re endorsed by Work180 which showcases our commitment to our policies, flexible working and inclusion practices for women in tech.
If this role has stood out to you but you don’t feel like you ‘tick all the boxes’, we strongly encourage you to apply nonetheless. We value diversity across experience and you might well bring something to the Mablehood we are looking for!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Where to find us online
Careers Page - https://bit.ly/3Mz8Ym1
Glassdoor - https://bit.ly/3z0K328
YouTube - https://bit.ly/34L7DlP
Instagram - https://bit.ly/3pgAOXk
Facebook - https://bit.ly/3ic6LhQ
LinkedIn - https://bit.ly/3ie6Q4U