Field Applications Engineer
Are you an experienced and innovative applications engineer with a passion for cutting-edge technology? Are you excited about the idea of working with a dynamic and fast-growing company? If so, then Morse Micro has the perfect opportunity for you!
As our Field Application Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting customers from application concept, hardware system design, our chip/module bring-up and mass production. You will be the first point of contact for our customers in the region. Your main focus will be on our Wi-Fi HaLow chip related hardware/RF development and support.
- Development of reference designs with Morse Micro’s chips and modules.
- Assist customers with design review, bring-up, chip integration, and HW/RF related debugging and testing.
- Develop, document and maintain hardware & code to showcase and demonstrate features of an embedded system, primarily focused on wireless LAN.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to understand the details of specific use cases and respond to technical tickets
- Support internal and external customers with design & development activities
- Located in Bay Area and travel to customers as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Field Application Engineer with 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- BSc or MSc in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Expert in embedded C programming
- Experience with RTOS and understanding of Linux development environments
- Working knowledge of Python / Perl / Bash / Makefile scripting
- Knowledge of wireless hardware
- Understanding of RF characteristics
- Good understanding of the IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi protocol
- Strong problem-solving skills and thorough methodical work style
- Must be articulate with the English language and capable of producing clear and detailed documentation
- Must be comfortable with interacting with customers in person and via conference calls
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- Cooperating with R&D team for issue resolving
- Working with sales team to achieve design-win and develop new accounts
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Income Protection Insurance
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Silicon Valley & Irvine (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK), Taipei (Taiwan) & Hangzhou (China).
Check out what it is like to work at Morse Micro: