Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Are you ready to revolutionise the world of wireless communications? Morse Micro is seeking a dynamic and talented Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our groundbreaking team. If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment and have a passion for pushing the boundaries of wireless technology, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Morse Micro is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
- Develop and maintain the entire scope of manufacturing processes (including assembly, testing, packaging and logistics) in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain quality processes and systems to ensure product requirements are upheld whilst achieving acceptable yield and efficiency targets.
- Identify inefficiencies in the manufacturing processes and implement improvements such as automating tasks using Python programs.
- Ownership of technical requirements for manufactured products, including pass/fail or go-no-go criteria.
- Support procurement activities including evaluating suppliers and determining the suitability of use of their product offerings.
- Train internal technicians and external contract manufacturers regarding manufacturing processes.
- Become the facilitator for design/engineering changes, communicating with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the process.
- Design and develop test jigs for products to improve assembly efficiency.
- Work with suppliers to resolve part quality issues and implement supplier level QC processes.
- Lead failure analyses and root-cause-analysis investigations to determine corrective actions
- Associated technical reporting activities, including providing high level and detailed technical reports to management.
- Train and coach junior level staff including technicians and engineers.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- 7+ years experience in electronics assembly and testing of both low and high volume, high complexity electronic products.
- Degree in Engineering, Industrial Design or relevant certification.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and processes, including matters interrelated with hardware, firmware and software.
- Knowledge and experience of radio-communication technologies and/or IOT devices.
- Experience automating production processes through the use of Python or similar scripting languages.
- Experience writing instructional documentation.
- Familiarity with CAD such as Fusion 360 and Solidworks.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a fast-paced team, with priorities often changing.
- Respect and appreciation of the manufacturing process and standard, doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Strong ability to multitask, meet deadlines and handle pressure.
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to help in a variety of tasks, including occasional tasks unrelated to the core role.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock option package
- 10 days work remote from anywhere in the world
- Opportunity to work at a cutting-edge startup company
- Chance to make a significant impact on the future of wireless technology
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
Check out what it’s like to work at Morse Micro:
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Senior Manufacturing Engineer.