Communications Systems Engineer
Are you ready to revolutionise the world of wireless communications? Morse Micro is seeking a dynamic and talented Communications Systems Engineer to join our groundbreaking team. If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment and have a passion for pushing the boundaries of wireless technology, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Morse Micro is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
What we’re looking for:
- Masters or PhD graduates with a degree in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- 2+ years industry experience
- A strong interest, and any prior work, in subjects like Digital Communications, Digital Signal Processing, Analog circuits, Mathematics, Digital Signal Processors/General Microprocessors and Computer/Mobile Networks
- A good understanding of wireless and communication systems involving Modulation and Demodulation techniques, Channel Equalization, Digital filters, Coding Theory, etc
- A good understanding of programming languages/tools such as MATLAB, C and Python
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux development environment
- Familiarity with Digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with Fixed and Floating point systems
- Familiarity with Signal Generators and Analyzers, and general lab environment
- Familiarity with GNURadio, OFDM and/or 802.11/Bluetooth/Cellular systems is highly desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a keen interest on numbers, formulae and presentation
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- System design & modelling
- Verification and optimisation of design across MATLAB, C, RTL and on real chips
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
- Debug of chip functional and performance problems
- Characterisation of various circuits, algorithms and overall chip performance across various factors
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Bay Area (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK), Hangzhou & Shenzen (China) and Taipei (Taiwan).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl. barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Communications Systems Engineer.
What it's like to work at Morse Micro: