Senior Firmware Engineer
Are you an experienced Firmware engineer? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will join a firmware team implementing Morse Micro’s IoT software stack for embedded devices, working closely with analog, systems, digital IC design engineers to build and maintain an elegant embedded software architecture. Your main focus will be firmware development for low-cost, RTOS-based devices, including 802.11ah upper layers, device drivers, network stack integration, as well as Python scripts for test and development, troubleshooting and debugging, and other related aspects.
- RTOS device driver development
- Network stack/protocol development, integration, and debugging
- Implementation of upper layers of the 802.11ah standard in firmware
- Various optimisations for performance, footprint and power consumption
- Writing elegant Python scripts to facilitate testing and other tasks
- Providing technical expertise and brilliance
- There will be some customer interaction, e.g. implementation of customer requested features, resolution of customer found issues etc
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- BSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years relevant industry experience in embedded software projects
- Proven experience in Firmware development using the C programming language
- Experience in porting and using FreeRTOS or RT-Thread Real Time Operating Systems. Including bootloaders, device drivers, interrupt handlers and DMA routines.
- Experience using software version control and issue tracking systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- A good understanding of IEEE 802.11 standard including 802.11 security model
- Experience with ARM Cortex and RISC-V instruction sets and architectures
- Experience in working on GNU/Linux, GCC and Make development environment
- Experience with wireshark for testing and debugging of 802.11 systems
- Experience with various hardware interfacing buses, like SDIO, SPI and I2C
- Experience with real-time operating systems and embedded network stacks
- Experience using Python for tools and scripts.
- Experience in using static analysis and automated testing tools.
- Good understanding of C++
- Experience with Linux driver and application development
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Bay Area (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK), Hangzhou & Shenzen (China) and Taipei (Taiwan).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl. barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Senior Firmware Engineer.
What it's like to work at Morse Micro: