Senior Security Firmware Engineer
Are you an experienced Firmware engineer with an eye for security? Would you like to help build the next generation secure Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will join the firmware team implementing the IEEE 802.11ah standard on Morse Micro’s state-of-the-art RISC-V multi-core chip architecture, working closely with Analog, Systems and Digital IC Design Engineers to build and maintain an elegant embedded software architecture. Your main focus will be the security of our chips, but there will be necessary involvement in writing Python scripts, device drivers, core DSP loops, interrupt handlers, and other related areas.
- Help architect our HW and SW security IP to meet the highest security measures
- Follow along the design process and ensure a successful implementation of our security architecture
- Build functional code, and enhance existing algorithms, crypto engine device drivers, and interfaces
- Help achieve various IoT security certifications for our chips
- Solve software and hardware verification issues
- Support the Wi-Fi team with any security concerns or questions
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- BSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years relevant industry experience in embedded software projects
- Proven experience in Firmware development using the C programming language
- Experience in porting and using FreeRTOS or RT-Thread Real Time Operating Systems, including bootloaders, device drivers, interrupt handlers and DMA routines.
- Experience using software version control and issue tracking systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- Experience with RISC-V instruction set, architecture, privilege modes and memory protection (PMP).
- Experience with cryptographic algorithms and applied usage
- Experience with secure processing environments, including security life cycles, root of trust and secure boot
- Experience in working on GNU/Linux, GCC and Make development environment
- Experience using Python for tools and scripts.
- Experience in using static analysis and automated testing tools.
- Experience with ARM trust zones and secure elements.
- Experience with PSA certification
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Bay Area (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK), Hangzhou & Shenzen (China) and Taipei (Taiwan).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl. barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Senior Security Firmware Engineer.
Check out what it is like to work for us: