Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
MyPass Global is on a mission to empower safe, agile & connected communities. Our vision is to become the industry standard platform of record for workforce management and credentialing. Our vision transcends just one industry or geography, it speaks to building a global workforce management & credentialing system that is looked to for best practice in this space.
Our company values set the standard for the behaviours and mindset we expect from each and every “MyPasser”. Our values include:
BRING OUT THE BEST
We connect and empower people to build a safer future. We strive to create a positive and enduring impact, no matter how small.
CHALLENGE THE NORM
We pursue innovation by practising curiosity and always asking ‘why’. We challenge assumptions by seeking opportunities for growth and improvement.
TREAT PEOPLE WELL
We treat our customers, employees and partners as equals. We foster meaningful relationships through trust, compassion and respect.
WALK THE WALK
We are accountable for our goals, actions and collective vision. We work with integrity and are true to our word, fostering a culture of open communication.
Position Purpose Statement
The Integrations Engineer plays a pivotal role in ensuring our software seamlessly integrates into our clients’ existing enterprise systems, with a special focus on platforms like workforce management and Learning Management Systems. This role plays a pivotal role in connecting our software application and systems with external platforms, APIs, and third-party services, ensuring seamless data flow and interoperability. As part of our Activation department, the successful candidate will oversee and manage integration projects from inception to completion, ensuring client satisfaction and system functionality.
- Collaborate with the software development team to design integration strategies for our software into client enterprise systems.
- Design, document and maintain integration solutions between our software and external APIs, databases, and services, ensuring data consistency and smooth workflows.
- Identify potential challenges and risks associated with integration and design mitigation strategies.
- Oversee the integration process, working with Project Managers to ensure that projects stay on track and within the budget.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external vendors to ensure smooth delivery of integration solutions.
- Act as the main point of contact for clients during integration projects, ensuring an understanding of client needs and that our solutions fit within their existing enterprise ecosystem.
- Work with the QA team to ensure that all integrations are tested thoroughly before deployment.
- Maintain post-integration support to ensure stability and client satisfaction and troubleshoot issues with MyPass Global API to provide sufficient investigation information to the Engineering department for Engineering to make code changes.
- Evaluate and manage third-party APIs including troubleshooting issues (with providers like Stripe & Hubspot) to provide sufficient investigation information to the Engineering department for Engineering to make code changes.
- Provide regular updates and reports to Project Managers, line manager/s and other key MyPass stakeholders.
- Identify, investigate, prioritise and resolve issues quickly and efficiently, responding to requests and incidents following defined escalation levels and processes and holding those escalated accountable for responding by SLAs.
- Perform analysis of integration and application logic and provide adequately descriptive solutions and responses back to L1 & L2 Support.
- Responsible for troubleshooting customer queries using SQL, Java Script, Kibana, Postman, Epoch Converter, Stripe Developer Access, and Confluence.
- Effectively document investigative steps and analysis to escalate technical issues to the Engineering team that require code or infrastructure changes.
- Effectively identify when a request is a product enhancement and escalate to the Product team.
- Respond to incident tickets through the appropriate channels and hold those escalated accountable for responding by SLAs.
- Prioritise and manage multiple open tickets at one time ensuring proactive ownership and management of allocated tickets via MyPass support and engineering platforms such as HubSpot and Jira.
- Share valuable knowledge with Support and Engineering colleagues.
- Participate in critical (P1) incident DDA / RCA relevant to integration and API issues by providing root cause analysis and identifying corrective actions as well as contributing to preventative measures.
- Maintain up to date product knowledge and awareness of new features.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary education (or equivalent on-the-job experience) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software integration.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise systems like SAP.
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and best practices. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Accountabilities - Effort
- Integration strategy, design and development - 70%
- Assisting in collating and documenting incident root cause analysis - 5%
- Creating and updating integration documentation - 10%
- Providing technical support knowledge transfer to L2 and Engineering (Where relevant) - 5%
- Internal team meetings / 1-ups / huddles / sprint & release meetings - 10%
Measures of Success
- Delivery of integration solutions to scope.
- Delivery of integration solutions on time and within budget.
- Root cause investigation and problem management effectiveness.
- Meeting Service Levels on all tickets. Quality delivery of customer solutions resulting in increased overall satisfaction.
- Ticket management efficiencies i.e. response time, resolution time, and providing regular updates.
- Internal and External communications are of sufficient quality, form and standard for all communication methods
- Positive contribution to the company over and above your day-to-day role activities as measured by reasonable attendance at company meetings and events and involvement with internal projects and initiatives.
- 0-3 Months
- Build internal relationships with the key stakeholders for this role.
- Develop a high-level understanding of the product and range of use cases.
- Develop an intimate understanding of MyPass Global API and third-party APIs integrated with the MyPass application.
- Develop an intimate understanding of existing client integrations.
- Design, document and maintain integrations under the guidance of software engineers.
- Be familiar with the tools required to perform the job to a satisfactory standard.
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency in escalating or resolving integration-related support issues
- Understand the incident management processes and the expectations of this role in that protocol.
- 3-6 Months
- Ability to design and develop integrations with MyPass Global API with minimal technical guidance from software engineers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing integration tickets to SLAs
- Be able to identify the difference between an integration design gap and an error (defect/bug) without having support from Engineering or Product.
- Demonstrate proficiency in existing client integrations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Global API knowledge and third-party API’s integrated with the MyPass application.