Australia · Remote
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙235,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙300,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙90% of support emails answered in 2 hours or less.
🐙Over 3,500 organisations use Octopus Deploy (curious? check this out)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia's second largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Octopus Deploy seeks a FP&A Analyst to own oversight and completion of all planning, budgeting and management reporting. This is our first FP&A role and will report directly to the VP Finance. You will work with other leaders to develop, maintain, and continually improve all financial aspects of the business to ensure that Octopus makes the most effective financial decisions. The ideal candidate will have done an FP&A/strategy role in the past and have a solid grasp of the SAAS model.
Salary Expectations: $115,000-$145,000 + stock options.
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
A Typical Day Might Look Like:
- Helping build the Octopus Deploy FP&A function!
- Ensuring an effective and robust finance & planning infrastructure- including maintaining the financial planning cadence quarterly (e.g., pricing, headcount planning, product development ROI).
- Supporting the growth and publication of the KPI & dashboard framework to be integrated into the company’s financial model.
- Ensure timely & accurate budget vs. actual analysis & future projections.
- Partner with senior executives to support the delivery of monthly budgets.
- Preparing the quarterly board package for review and analysis by the Board of Directors.
- Analyzing the company's financial results - profits, trends, costs, and budget compliance. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
You’ll be a Great Fit If You:
- Have previous experience with global SaaS/software startups (Series A to Series C).
- Have 1-5 years experience in FP&A and or strategy roles.
- Have experience supporting IPO preparation.
- Are experienced in influencing stakeholders at various levels, especially at C-level.
- Have a track record of driving positive results in hands-on environments.
- Have experience utilizing and implementing financial systems.
- Will comfortably handle projects of significant complexity and ambiguity.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand without managers looking over their shoulders.
- You’ll join a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you'll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default), and everyone is welcome!
- When it comes to inclusivity, we mean it. Check out our handbook!
- If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of disability, please let us know. Wand we’ll try our best to accommodate.
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How to apply:
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the relevant job ad location (Australia, New Zealand, United States, United Kingdom) to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a CV - your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
[Note to Search Firms/Agencies]
Octopus Deploy does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Octopus Deploy and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Octopus Deploy will be deemed the sole property of Octopus Deploy and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Octopus Deploy.