Technical Lead (Software Engineering)
Our mission at Ofload is to achieve zero waste in trucking by digitising the transport industry.
In Australia, currently 30% of trucks drive empty and a further 50% are underutilised amounting to mass inefficiency and detrimental environmental impacts. Since 2020 we have scaled to a team of over 100, removed nearly 5 million empty kilometres from our roads. and have planted over 11 000 trees to offset our carbon footprint in partnership with One Tree Planted.
In 2022, we supercharged our growth through the acquisition of logistics experts CIA Logistics, raised $60m in Series B funding and were recognised by the Australian Financial Review as one of Australia’s Most Innovative Companies.
We are looking to grow our team and welcome people excited by the opportunity to disrupt the logistics industry!
About the Role:
Our Engineering team is given trust and autonomy to do great work. We work in small teams focused on specific features of our core platform, with 4-5 Engineers including a Technical Lead. We work in a triad with Product Managers and Designers to solve problems for our customers. We are currently refactoring our monolith into microservices, working with PHP8.2, Laravel 9, React.js, GraphQL and Node.js. It’s important that you have PHP/Laravel experience, however, you will also have the opportunity to work with Node.js. Our infrastructure is built on AWS, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes (EKS) and Docker.
As the Tech Lead you will be responsible for the people development and leadership of a small team, as well as being hands-on across the full stack.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the growth and development of a small Engineering team
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable, and fault-tolerant systems.
- Translate business requirements into scalable technical solutions.
- Take responsibility for multiple services maintained by the team.
- Build and manage automated build/test/deployment environments.
- Improve your code quality, product execution, and learning experience.
- Plan and execute together with Backend, Mobile, DevOps, Data, UI/UX, QA.
- Use DDD, Design patterns, and advanced Git to produce maintainable code.
What you'll bring:
- Previous people leadership experience, leading or mentoring a small team.
- Passionate about Test Driven Development.
- Experience working in a team environment with Product Managers and Designers.
- Experience in software development or a serious open source track record.
- Knowledge of Linux as a production environment.
- You need to be passionate about our mission and using technology to solve this global challenge
At Ofload we prioritise impact, aptitude and passion, so we’d encourage you to apply if you do not meet all the above criteria.
Life at Ofload:
At Ofload, our values are in our DNA and underpin the work we do every day. We are proud of the collaborative, diverse and innovative culture we continue to build. The Ofload team is motivated by a shared ambition to digitise the logistics industry and have a truckload of fun while doing it! As well as the opportunity to join a high-growth organisation with the ability to make a meaningful impact everyday, you will enjoy;
- Working in a hybrid environment with a split of in-office and working from home. Our philosophy on working is one built around connection, inclusion and flexibility.
- Holistic wellness support for you and your family through our wellbeing partnership with Acacia Connection
- Generous parental leave entitlements including 16 weeks primary caregiver leave and continued superannuation contributions
- Annual learning and development budget to support your professional growth
- Paid volunteer leave to support the causes that matter to you
Plus all the exciting perks of joining a startup - epic Ofload swag, weekly catered breakfasts, monthly team lunch, a reward and recognition program and plenty of social events.
Ofload is committed to building diverse and inclusive teams, and a culture where people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. Applications are highly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and equity target groups including women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTIQ.
We endeavour to create an equitable recruitment process with an even playing field for all candidates. If you require any adjustments to be made, please let a member of our recruitment team know.