Senior Front End Engineer
Our mission at Ofload is to achieve zero waste in trucking by digitising the transport industry.
In Australia, currently 30% of trucks drive empty and a further 50% are under utilised amounting to mass inefficiency and detrimental environmental impacts. Since 2020 we have scaled to a team of over 130, removed nearly 5 million empty kilometres from our roads and have planted over 11,000 trees to offset our carbon footprint in partnership with One Tree Planted.
In 2022, we supercharged our growth through the acquisition of logistics experts CIA Logistics, raised $60m in Series B funding and were recognised by the Australian Financial Review as one of Australia’s Most Innovative Companies.
We are looking to grow our team and welcome people excited by the opportunity to disrupt the logistics industry!
You enjoy being challenged and take delight in overcoming technical obstacles. Your passion for quality engineering drives you to continually improve your craft and learn new and effective ways of doing things. You take pride in working with others to build high quality high performance products that delight and are depended on by their audiences.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, review, implement, and manage React.js front end application code and Node.js services for the production and pre-release environments.
- Design, develop, review, implement, and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts, systems and any code as required.
- Work in a cross-functional team on one of our core features of our web application, with a Product Manager, Designer, Data Analyst and other Engineers.
- Participate in Agile software development, prototyping, and code review with international / local development teams to build scalable microservices-based products.
- Understand the requirements of the business and utilise this knowledge to develop applications that are consistent with this.
What You'll Bring
- Experience in building web applications using React (Hooks), state management (such as React Context, Redux, etc)
- Experience with using GraphQL and REST to send and receive data from backend systems
- Experience in DevOps and Continuous Delivery skillset: modern CI/CD pipelines and tools ( Git, Ansible, Jenkins)
At Ofload we prioritise impact, aptitude and passion, so we’d encourage you to apply if you do not meet all the above criteria.
Life at Ofload
At Ofload, our values are in our DNA and underpin the work we do every day. We are proud of the collaborative, diverse and innovative culture we continue to build. The Ofload team is motivated by a shared ambition to digitise the logistics industry and have a truckload of fun while doing it! As well as the opportunity to join a high-growth organisation with the ability to make a meaningful impact everyday, you will enjoy;
- Working in a hybrid environment with a split of in-office and working from home. Our philosophy on working is one built around connection, inclusion and flexibility.
- Holistic wellness support for you and your family through our wellbeing partnership with Acacia Connection
- Generous parental leave entitlements including 16 weeks primary caregiver leave and continued superannuation contributions
- Annual learning and development budget to support your professional growth
- Paid volunteer leave to support the causes that matter to you
Plus all the exciting perks of joining a startup - epic Ofload swag, weekly catered breakfasts, monthly team lunch, a reward and recognition program and plenty of social events.
Ofload is committed to building diverse and inclusive teams, and a culture where people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. Applications are highly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and equity target groups including women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTIQ.
We endeavour to create an equitable recruitment process with an even playing field for all candidates. If you require any adjustments to be made, please let a member of our recruitment team know.