Senior Security Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help us make the best use of the power of technology in a responsible, sustainable way as we go through our next phase of growth from $100m to $1bn of insurance premiums.
What you’ll do
As our Senior Security Engineer you will lead and implement Information Security programmes. You will provide guidance, consultation and expertise throughout our business. Reporting to our Head of TechOps, you’ll be responsible for designing and implementing robust security practices to safeguard Open, its customers and stakeholders.
- Drive Open’s maturity on our enterprise IT journey through industry-standard accreditations like SOC2, ISO27001; and compliance to data privacy laws including CDR, GDPR, etc.
- Conduct regular security audits, vulnerability assessments, and penetration tests; share findings and collaborate with various business units to remediate and resolve issues identified in a timely manner.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of security controls and measures across every information security segment. For example, network security, application security, endpoint security, data loss prevention, identity and access management.
- Assist in the security risk analysis for current and new systems and recommend solutions for reducing exposure areas.
- Develop and maintain documentation and conduct frequent reviews to ensure Open’s practices align with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Lead incident response processes including detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and recovery, in collaboration with relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Be responsible for promoting a strong culture of security and privacy throughout Open
Who you are
- You have proven experience in information security management, including risk assessment, policy development, incident response, and security operations.
- You are skilled at communicating InfoSec concepts persuasively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have hands-on experience with ISO27001, SOC2, PCI, one of CDR or GDPR, and other relevant data privacy laws and certifications.
- You stay up to date with the latest resiliency and security technologies, principles and protocols.
- You have experience building secure modern scalable web applications and APIs, in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- You are proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Python) for building automation frameworks and security tools.
- You are excited about taking one of Australia’s leading InsurTechs global, responsibly and sustainably.
Who we are
Open is on a mission to provide the best insurance experiences, at the best price, for the world. Insurance is one of the world’s least digitally mature industries - for years it’s remained confusing, paper-based and heavily intermediated. We launched in 2016 to build a global, AI-powered platform that digitises the entire insurance process, making it transparent, less costly and more reliable.
Our promise to customers is powerful car, home and travel insurance. Many know us through our consumer brand, Huddle (huddleinsurance.com), and we also offer bespoke white-label solutions for brands who embed our insurance into their digital experiences. Our partner brands include Bupa, Polestar, Telstra and ahm.
Open is backed by leading investors, including AirTree Ventures, Movac, LocalGlobe UK and Hollard Insurance and we’ve raised over $53m to date. Since 2018, we’ve achieved a 628% growth rate and have won awards from FinTech Australia, the Global InsurTech 100, Mozo.com.au, Pause Fest, SmartCompany’s Smart50 (5th) and the AFR Fast 100, who recognised us as Australia’s 7th fastest growing company in 2022.
But the best is yet to come – we plan on doubling growth while expanding to New Zealand and the UK. We also believe in using business as a force for good – Open is Australasia’s only certified B Corp insurance company and as a partner of 1% for the Planet, we donate at least 1% of our revenue every year to charity.
Our team thrive on solving problems to revolutionise insurance and have a ‘no excuses’ attitude when it comes to putting our customers first. We have a high performing team and an open and enabling culture that attracts the best creative and critical thinkers. Join us and let’s build the future of insurance together.