People Experience Partner
At Open, we’re on a mission to provide the best insurance experiences. Insurance is one of the world’s least digitally mature industries - for years it’s remained confusing, paper-based and heavily intermediated. We launched in 2016 to build a global, AI-powered platform that digitises the entire insurance process, making it transparent, less costly and more reliable.
Businesses of all sizes embed Open’s car, home and travel insurance into their digital experiences. Our consumer (B2C) brand is Huddle and we also offer bespoke white-label solutions for fast-growing digital platforms (B2B2C). We work with many of Australia and New Zealand’s largest brands and leading tech companies such as Bupa, ahm, Telstra and Polestar.
Today, we’re a diverse team of ~150 and thrive on solving problems to revolutionise the world of insurance. We’re proud to count Airtree Ventures, Movac, LocalGlobe UK and Hollard Insurance as investors, and have raised over $53m to date. Open is growing fast - Since 2018, we’ve achieved a 628% growth rate and have won awards from FinTech Australia, the Global InsurTech 100, Mozo.com.au, Pause Fest, SmartCompany’s Smart50 (5th) and the AFR Fast 100, who recognised us as Australia’s 7th fastest growing company in 2022.
We also believe in using business as a force for good. As a certified B Corporation, we abide by the highest social and environmental standards
About the role:
We're seeking a People Experience Specialist who is enthusiastic about creating an engaging, supportive, and inclusive work environment. Your role will be pivotal in developing our culture, ensuring our team members feel valued, and facilitating a workspace where everyone can thrive and grow.
- Develop and implement innovative employee engagement and wellness programs.
- Manage onboarding processes to ensure a warm, welcoming experience for new hires.
- Facilitate internal events and team-building activities.
- Serve as a go-to resource for employee concerns and queries, fostering open communication.
- Collaborate with management to maintain and enhance our company culture.
- Conduct regular surveys to assess employee satisfaction and identify areas for improvement.
- Coordinate with various departments to support professional development and training initiatives.
- Play a key role in diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
Ideally you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, or related field.
- ~2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a startup environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in organising corporate events and activities.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and be part of a tech company going through a hyper-growth phase. We provide our team with:
- Highly competitive compensation, including share options - we believe in paying people what they’re worth and having everyone in our company share in our success
- High levels of autonomy and trust so you can do your best work
- Growth opportunities internally - as you grow, your role can too
- Flexible working - we are about impact, not time at your desk. We encourage freedom and responsibility, including the ability to work ~2 days a week from home
- Annual allowance for professional development - use it towards a gym membership, professional coaching, a conference. Whatever matters most to you
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. Lastly, Open is a high-performing team that strives to achieve brilliant things every day and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the job description. We’re looking for people who are intellectually curious, courageous, innovative and passionate.