Who we are…
PLAYGROUND XYZ, a Division of GumGum, is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world's first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fueled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We're a fast growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of mobile experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
We're a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most - creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
The role involves working closely with the engineers, product manager and key stakeholders to plan and deliver on our roadmap initiatives. This role is required to keep excellent communication lines with the team to plan, discuss and solve all the technical challenges of the product. The role requires someone who understands frontend and backend architecture, strives to encourage team members and proactively improves the tech stack.
What You'll Achieve
- Facilitate and contribute to technical discussions to formulate scalable solutions with engineers in your team and other product teams
- Advocate for and grow the team’s efficiency in delivering ongoing technical improvements to the product and best practices relevant to the tech stack
- Understand the relevant code bases in depth and capable of providing valuable feedback in reviewing code changes
- Continuously create and update documentation for the overall product and the technical components that represent it
- Participate in technical rounds for any ongoing recruitment for the team
- Educate all engineers to keep them up to date with the tech stack and ensure engineers are aware of the technical challenges of new initiatives
- Work with Product and non-engineering stakeholders to identify, prioritise and develop new features and improvements for our products
- Help define technical requirements and breakdown into actionable tasks
- Take ownership of monitoring production environments and actioning ongoing support requests for the product from stakeholders
- Own team’s products fully and ensure priorities are met by their deadlines with appropriate testing in place. Unblock engineers if necessary.
- Learn our business and industry, and ensure the team has the context necessary to make decisions and understand priorities.
- Evaluate, interpret and understand browser and advertising system data points to prepare the data teams for further exploration, analysis and processing
- Actively participate in discussions to improve product data quality with product and non-engineering stakeholders
- Any additional ad-hoc tasks as required by the company
Skills You'll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience
- At least 4-6 years of experience as a software engineer
- Worked with the following technologies: NodeJs, Redis, database systems, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or another popular cloud platform
- Complete understanding of concepts such as: Authentication, Authorization, Caching, Unit testing and Integration testing. Able to evaluate and apply suitable options.
- A history of successfully shipping products into production environments
- Developed and maintained production level data applications that accounted for scalability, throttling and performance across Rest APIs and microservice architecture
- Built browser scripts to capture data points and subsequently ingest the data into a cloud environment (preferable)
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem (preferable)
- Knowledge of best practices that are relevant to the problem at hand. E.g. design patterns
- Core understanding of web applications, frontend architecture (including browser APIs), and backend data layer
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Data analysis and evaluation (preferable)
- Critical thinker, able to break down complex problems
- Organized, self-starter with proactive attitude
- Ability to independently manage workload
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives or projects at once
- Positive attitude towards teamwork and mentoring
Perks & Benefits
- The opportunity to ride a rocket ship. You’ll play a pivotal part in our business during its 'scale up' phase by supporting the delivery of game-changing new products.
- An amazing company culture, driven by passionate people who love their work, but also love to have FUN!
- The opportunity to work with some cutting edge technologies as well as the freedom to continue to push the boundaries of what we do.
- Career progression galore. The company is growing at a crazy rate and you will be too
- A competitive salary package.
Our tech is being used by the top 100 brands across the globe and have won a number of highly reputable awards in our industry such as:
- The Drum Most Effective Use of Data 2021, 2020
- IAB MeasureUp Best Advertising Effectiveness 2020
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Winner 2020, 2019
- Mumbrella Marketing Technology Company of the Year 2020, 2017
- B&T Marketing Technology Company of the Year 2018, 2016