Programmatic Ad Operations Specialist
Who we are…
PLAYGROUND XYZ, a Division of GumGum, is an advertising technology business headquartered in Sydney with operations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, London, Los Angeles and New York.
Our mission is to master the art and science of maximizing attention. To do this, we’ve built the world's first AI that can measure how long an ad was looked at (a metric we call Attention Time). Fueled and verified by real eye tracking data, but able to throw off the shackles of panels and instead scale infinitely across the world wide web, our AI is set to revolutionize the way that digital media is measured, bought and sold.
We're a fast growing business with every major agency group and a great list of top tier publishers using our technology. We’re a team of mobile experts with an unrelenting focus on quality products and tech.
We're a passionate, enthusiastic team who are genuinely spending our days doing what we love the most - creating new disruptive technologies and products for big brands.
The Programmatic Ad Operations Specialist is part of GumGum’s Ad Operations team, whose primary responsibilities include the management, optimization and analysis of Programmatic and Direct campaigns throughout the GumGum platform. The Programmatic Ad Operations Specialist is an enthusiastic, confident, and flexible team player, with a strong analytical and creative mindset that thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
What You'll Achieve
- Campaign Management
- Ability to autonomously setup and drive the technical setup of Direct and Programmatic campaigns.
- Setup ad creatives and tracking tags for direct and programmatic campaigns.
- QA, Monitor and Optimise campaigns to ensure the highest possible outcomes, whilst ensuring campaign delivery.
- Work as the liaison between the buyer (GumGum’s Client), DSPs or 3rd Party Vendors as required to activate and measure successful campaigns, while troubleshooting any issues that may arise on either side.
- Consult with the other team members to ensure the success of all campaigns and the satisfaction of the client.
- Assist with End of Month billing processes.
- Effectively use GumGum data products such as AIP and Verity and various other data/tracking/monitoring tools to ensure campaign success.
- Technical Skills & Support
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and internal teams regarding technical aspects of campaigns.
- Provide timely and effective resolution to technical issues and inquiries.
- Familiarity with programmatic advertising concepts and business models as well as industry process, terminologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with DSP vendors, a variety of third party vendor tracking / monitoring tools and project management tools.
- Develop a deep understanding of GumGums’s internal tools and systems as well as GumGum’s product suite, such as AIP and Verity.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse data across multiple metrics to determine optimisation strategies.
- Reporting and Analysis
- Generate regular reports on campaign performance and present insights to internal and external stakeholders.
- Extract meaningful insights and trends from campaign data.
- Escalation & Collaboration
- Work closely with the Sales team & Account Management team to help formulate media plans and campaign strategies.
- Collaborate across multiple departments to analyse insights data and provide deliverables pre/mid/post-campaign.
- Take ownership of and investigate discrepancies and other campaigns related issues as necessary, conducting testing and escalation to relevant stakeholders as required.
- Act as an expert by staying up to date on the comprehensive GumGum programmatic offering as well as maintaining an expert knowledge of the DSP Platforms that GumGum integrates with. Use this knowledge to support and educate partners, clients and internal teams as necessary.
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a relevant discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant experience trafficking, optimising and pacing digital advertising campaigns.
- Experience with various ad serving systems (DCM), project management tools, data management platforms (DMPs), demand side platforms (DSPs), and research study vendors.
- Has advanced knowledge on most KPIs and the ability to optimise toward them.
- Understanding of digital media & advertising principles (marketing funnel, media rate types, programmatic media, etc).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Exemplary attention to detail and delivering results in an organised manner.
- Ability to think strategically, create a plan and execute on all phases while practising excellent time management and meeting tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with data; has an analytical mindset and logical approach to problem-solving based on drawing insights from data.
- Manage various stakeholders both internally and externally while delivering on client expectations.
- Ability to balance competing demands and multiple projects simultaneously, in a high pressure environment.
- Self starter with a high energy level and enthusiasm for digital technology, data, and operational efficiency.
- Proactive and highly organised, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple campaigns in a timely manner.
- Driven to find improvements and efficiencies in their work.
Perks & Benefits
- The opportunity to ride a rocket ship. You’ll play a pivotal part in our business during its 'scale up' phase by supporting the delivery of game-changing new products.
- An amazing company culture, driven by passionate people who love their work, but also love to have FUN!
- The opportunity to work with some cutting edge technologies as well as the freedom to continue to push the boundaries of what we do.
- Career progression galore. The company is growing at a crazy rate and you will be too
- A competitive salary package.
Our tech is being used by the top 100 brands across the globe and have won a number of highly reputable awards in our industry such as:
- The Drum Most Effective Use of Data 2021, 2020
- IAB MeasureUp Best Advertising Effectiveness 2020
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Winner 2020, 2019
- Mumbrella Marketing Technology Company of the Year 2020, 2017
- B&T Marketing Technology Company of the Year 2018, 2016