Junior Software Engineer - International - Max Term contract - Embark - 3 days a week
Property Exchange Australia (PEXA)
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Hi, we’re PEXA
Every time a house is bought, sold or refinanced in Australia your lawyer, conveyancer and lender will most likely use a digital platform to settle your property, this is where we come in. PEXA’s world-first digital settlement platform has revolutionised the way we exchange property in Australia helping over 20,000 people a week safely settle their homes. And this is just the beginning. Our data and insights are helping organisations unlock the intel they need to drive change and possibilities.
Since starting our journey in 2010, we now employ a team of over 1,000 people working across multiple continents. We’re still growing, innovating and looking ahead, but behind our greatest achievements, there is a team of curious creators and big thinkers. That’s why, we’re looking for ambitious people like yourself to join the team.
About The Role
You will be part of a global team that is challenging the status quo of property settlement experience in many countries.
Ideally you have completed or are studying a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar.
As a Junior Software Engineer on the EMBARK program you will work closely with your team of engineers, pairing across time zones writing and reviewing code.
At PEXA, we are extremely proud of our work culture and the highly motivated and skilled team we have built. In joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of initiatives and deliver the “wow” moments as the company continues to grow and expand.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop and test quality applications using a variety of languages, frameworks and tools
- Work collaboratively and contribute to every stage of the software development lifecycle including technical design, pair programming, peer code review, documenting, testing and CI/CD
- Support and maintain applications in a build-and-run fashion, including automated tests, bug fixes and general maintenance
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies based on SCRUM or Kanban
- Review tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery
- Security aware – approach all engineering work with a security lens. Actively look for security vulnerabilities both in the code and when providing peer reviews
- Deliver praise and constructive feedback to your team, teammates and manager in a useful manner. Deliver feedback to business stakeholders when opportunities arise
- Mentor team members in an open and respectful manner. Seek out mentoring opportunities specifically to create team redundancy and backfill ability
- Help team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers and complete work tasks
- Participate in On-call rotation and support activities
- Comply with corporate and compliance policies
What you’ll bring to the table
- Provide University transcript
- Share portfolio of coding projects (GitHub, GitLab, etc)
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design, SOLID, KISS, DRY principles
- Familiar with common data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form both technical and non-technical concepts to engineers of various levels as well as non-technical partners.
- Be customer centric, actively seek out customer driven data to help prove or disprove features hypothesis, liaise with customers to design, and improve our products
- Good creative problem-solving skills and can-do approach to work
A career at PEXA starts with you!
If you think you have the required skills, an appetite to learn and would be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you – even if you don’t tick all the boxes. At PEXA we support your growth and help you discover your full potential.
Why join us
• Flexibility is in our DNA, with no set office days – work from any location in Australia
• Your holistic wellbeing is important to us. Enjoy meditation, yoga, boxing classes and a wellness day each month to recharge!
• We know that work is just one aspect of your life. That’s why we offer up to 12 weeks ‘workcation’ for you to extend personal travel time and work remotely
• Take the opportunity to purchase up to four weeks additional annual leave per year
• Learn from the best and upskill with PEXA Academy certifications and grow your career
Our commitment to our people and a better future
At PEXA we want you to embrace your best self each day, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and participate, so that every person can reach their full potential. We want our people to feel equally valued, supported and celebrated. With market-leading benefits that make a difference, we’re committed to supporting individuals, families and carers. Your culture, gender, sexual orientation, language and other attributes make you unique! We couldn't be prouder to have a team that reflects the richness of our wider community.
We’re a proud ‘Circle Back Initiative’ Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.