General Manager, Group Finance
Property Exchange Australia (PEXA)
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Hi, we’re PEXA
Every time a house is bought, sold or refinanced in Australia your lawyer, conveyancer and lender will most likely use a digital platform to settle your property, this is where we come in. PEXA’s world-first digital settlement platform has revolutionised the way we exchange property in Australia helping over 20,000 people a week safely settle their homes. And this is just the beginning. Our data and insights are helping organisations unlock the intel they need to drive change and possibilities.
Since starting our journey in 2010, we now employ a team of over 1,000 people working across multiple continents. We’re still growing, innovating and looking ahead, but behind our greatest achievements, there is a team of curious creators and big thinkers. That’s why, we’re looking for ambitious people like yourself to join the team.
About The Role
· Reporting to the Deputy CFO, the GM Group Finance responsible for:
· Production of yearly budgets and quarterly forecasts for the Group
· Board reporting, including the monthly CFO Report, with a focus on analysis and management/executive insights to the business and other stakeholders. Ensure all of the above are accurate, insightful and delivered on a timely basis
· Delivery of internal reporting for cost centre managers
· Being the CFO’s “source of truth” for all business information, whether financial or operational
· Responsible for the Management Discussion and Analysis of External Reporting
· Supporting the CFO and Investor Relations function in the creation of PEXA results presentations
· Responsible for treasury management, including cash flow forecasting, liquidity management across the Group and management of debt covenants
· Management of external relationships, including those with the debt syndicate and economic advisors
· People leader with 5-6 planned direct reports and 3 indirect reports
- End to end accountability for the delivery of monthly CFO report and continually improving business insights for PEXA
- Own and drive the financial budgeting and forecasting process, working closely with the Strategy team on the annual Strategic Plan
- Continue to refine monthly rolling forecasts within the business including cashflow management and bank debt covenant reporting,
- Own, maintain and enhance the 5-year PEXA “3-way” forecast model to support business planning and capital management activities
- Work closely with the Investor Relations function in provision of financial information and analysis for full year and half year results presentations, including helping to craft the story through data and insights into drivers of the business performance
- Manage relationships with the PEXA debt syndicate and economic advisors
- Support and drive various project-related initiatives in the business as required including self service reporting, implementation of a planning and forecasting system and ongoing process improvement
- Provide support to key business stakeholders to understand their needs and help to provide insight and analysis that will be used for key business decisions.
- Provide excellent leadership and management of the team of FP&A team as well as Finance Partners, measured by the effectiveness, engagement and business unit respect of the team.
- Help drive a 'financial mindset' within PEXA to assist in making better decisions
- Liaise across the business to ensure that KPI's are set and adhered to via monthly and quarterly analysis of progress towards annual KPI’s.
- Accountable for self-development and continuous learning
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with team and key stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- CPA or CA qualification
- Accounting experience in and ASX listed environment in financial analysis and management reporting
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), with strong experience around owning a budgeting and forecasting process and providing tailored insights reporting to the business
- Demonstrated experience as a Finance Partner, with proven capability in building stakeholder relationships and influencing business outcomes
- Proven capability in leading & managing a high-functioning teams to deliver financial modelling, data analysis and customer-centric business partnering, as well as delivery of accurate and timely financial information in support of management decision making
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written and the ability to share financial information to people with a non-financial background.
- Demonstrated experience of managing service providers within scope and budget
- Proven ability to form and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders.
- Delivering results – sets own goals and consistently delivers
- Highlights potential improvements in current systems, processes and procedures and encourages others to accept change and gives reasons for change.
- Analytical thinking and trends analysis – can see trends in data and can compile data to arrive at an accurate solution. Gathers and sorts relevant data for analysis.
- Customer orientation – accurately anticipates emerging and current client needs and establishes and maintains positive relationships with customers.
A career at PEXA starts with you!
If you think you have the required skills, an appetite to learn and would be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you – even if you don’t tick all the boxes. At PEXA we support your growth and help you discover your full potential.
Why join us
• Flexibility is in our DNA, with no set office days – work from any location in Australia
• Your holistic wellbeing is important to us. Enjoy meditation, yoga, boxing classes and a wellness day each month to recharge!
• We know that work is just one aspect of your life. That’s why we offer up to 12 weeks ‘workcation’ for you to extend personal travel time and work remotely
• Take the opportunity to purchase up to four weeks additional annual leave per year
• Learn from the best and upskill with PEXA Academy certifications and grow your career
Our commitment to our people and a better future
At PEXA we want you to embrace your best self each day, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and participate, so that every person can reach their full potential. We want our people to feel equally valued, supported and celebrated. With market-leading benefits that make a difference, we’re committed to supporting individuals, families and carers. Your culture, gender, sexual orientation, language and other attributes make you unique! We couldn't be prouder to have a team that reflects the richness of our wider community.
We’re a proud ‘Circle Back Initiative’ Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.