Accounting & Finance
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
We hold the key to making quantum technology useful and operate at the highest levels of the emerging quantum sector. Our products are already revolutionizing the way quantum technology is used; From educating the workforce on how quantum computing works with Black Opal, to the industry-first native integration of our performance-management software with IBM Quantum services in November 2023, we are building the global quantum sector and defining the quantum infrastructure software segment. But our work isn’t limited to quantum computing; we go everywhere that quantum goes. In July 2023 our work with Australian Defence delivering software-ruggedized quantum sensing for navigation without GPS was featured in the New York Times.
We base these world-leading commercial outcomes on a foundation of transformational research. We operate the industry’s largest team of experts in quantum control, and push the limits of human capability through our software, hardware, and technical publications in the world’s most prestigious scientific journals.
As a high-growth global quantum startup we’ve raised US $74M since 2017 from investors such as Airbus Ventures, Horizons Ventures, Main Sequence Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Sierra Ventures, SquarePeg Capital, and others; this includes the world’s largest Series B for any quantum software company, announced in early 2023. Adding to the completion of our new global HQ in Sydney (Australia’s first fully dedicated, commercial quantum technology site), Los Angeles, and Berlin offices, we’ve also recently announced our expansion into the UK to continue to impact the development of quantum technology globally.
We’re led by our values: to be real, to be trusted, to be just, and to be revered. We’ve brought together an inspiring team of world-leading physicists, engineers, product and design specialists (to name a few!) to help us shape the future of quantum technology. And we’re looking for new team members who want to help us change the world.
About the role
This hands-on position based in Sydney, reports to the Head of Finance based in CA/US, will be responsible for and manage the day-to-day accounting functions across our entities and will ensure the proper accounting treatment, processes, controls and reporting are streamlined and accurate for our growing business. The very lean finance team works across our start-up mode global companies alongside outside contracted accountants.
You are a detail oriented, process driven, multitasker with a positive attitude. You are poised to review, analyse and make well thought out suggestions to mature and set the future direction for all accounting related practices, processes, and tools. You take responsibility for your own work and always focus on ensuring quality assurance before shipping outputs. We all work diligently to get things done and have fun while doing it!
What you'll be doing:
- Hands on manage, maintain and review all day-to-day accounting functions across all entities including but not limited to: Accounts Payable/Expenses, Accounts Receivable, Journal Entries, Tax, Payrolls, Cash Receipts/Disbursements and Month End Close for timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Manage technical accounting transactions such intercompany billing, loans, transfer pricing, AASB Leasing standards, provisions and revenue recognition.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including elimination entries, workpapers, analytical balance sheet review and other ad hoc financials reporting to support monthly close process and analysis as needed to support the business.
- Manage audits, including preparation of workpapers supporting the Head of Finance with the taxation affairs of the organisation and liaise with the external accountancy firms as needed.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls and processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting, minimising firefighting.
Ideally you'll have:
- 5+ years in a position equivalent to an assistant controller or higher responsibilities, with proficient knowledge of IFRS, CPA is a plus.
- Experience with global payroll processing and tax reporting, ideally in AUS, UK and US, knowledge of Rippling a plus.
- Experience with Xero, Google Workspace - Proficiency with Mac & Google Sheets.
Flexibility: We embrace workplace flexibility so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule.
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages.
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses.
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints.
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others.
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge.
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered.
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget.
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
Please be advised that our communications will only come from the @q-ctrl.com domain. All our active job postings are available on our company website.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.