People & Culture Manager - 7 month maternity leave replacement
People & HR
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
We welcome applications from full or part time applicants
Founded in 2014, RateMyAgent is Australia and New Zealand’s number 1 real estate ratings and review platform.
We also operate in the US market and have seen rapid growth and usage of the platform with exciting plans in the pipeline.
RateMyAgent has nearly 100 employees globally with our head office being in Cremorne, Melbourne with a number of remote employees based across AU, NZ and US. We listed on the ASX in 2018 ‘RMY’
We have an innovative tech culture, tonnes of energy and a focus to deliver amazing outcomes. Our culture means that teams can enjoy ownership of their products and the autonomy to innovate; backed by our belief in cross-functional collaboration, experimentation and learning. Our bi-annual engagement survey continually tracks above 85% for overall team engagement.
So, if you want to contribute to an environment where your work has an imminent impact on results and you don't have to work through all the red tape, then this could be the place for you.
About the role
The People and Culture Manager is a hands-on, generalist role working across all aspects of the People & Culture function of RateMyAgent. The role will work closely with Executives and the Senior Leadership team to implement effective and practical People solutions for the RateMyAgent team. This role would suit someone that wants to make an active contribution to the business in a People & Culture capacity.
- Work with the CEO and Senior Leaders in the business on a wide range of of people matters
- Manage the end to end employee lifecycle including recruitment, onboarding, performance, engagement and offboarding for all employees
- Ensure the business remains compliant with all People practices
- Lead the engagement survey process for the whole business
- Actively think and rollout initiatives that continue to make RateMyAgent a great place to work
Professional Experience & Skills
- HR degree preferred
- Experience in a similar role within a fast-paced, dynamic environment preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant employment legislation including industrial relations and OHS legislation
- Knowledge of employment practices in AU, NZ and USA would be desirable
- Solid communicator at all levels of business
- Exceptional people skills and proven experience working in a people advisory capacity
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment or individually
Flexible working: The world has changed and so have we, we support you working remotely and from our office (minimum 2 days per week in the office)
Wellness initiatives:2 wellness days a year on us - Grab a massage, head out into nature or simply enjoy time at home.
Social: Company-wide collaboration such as product showcases, coffee with the exec sessions, culture, and loads of social events (virtual and in-person).
Hackathons: We are proud of our hackathon culture and host 2-3 hackathons a year where the whole company gets involved!
Extra Leave: A day off on your birthday! (No one likes to work on their birthday) and Two Volunteer days
Paid Parental Leave: We want to support you as your family grows so we offer paid leave for the special times as well as flexible working options.
Learning and Development: Whether it's a short course, conference, or even a book that will help you with your learning and development, we have a healthy training budget in place for staff so you can continually learn and grow.
At RateMyAgent, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (Customer Obsessed, Do the right thing, One Team, One Dream, We Hustle We're Straight Up and Give a S***)