Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-led SAAS company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. Our technology platform and products give front line workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions in driving safety, quality and efficiency improvements.
As a Web Developer working in the website team, you’ll be implementing marketing strategic initiatives across SafetyCulture’s suite of websites. Working closely with our website product owner, designers, developers, and marketers, you will help develop delightful web experiences that help convert prospects into customers.
Reporting into Marketing, this role is key to enabling marketing strategies across our funnel. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, iterative environment and be willing to challenge the status quo.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, IT, Multimedia, Web Development, or related field
- Proven and demonstrable experience developing websites
- Ideally, you’ll have proficiency in Next.js and Typescript
- A solid understanding of headless CMS architecture, and have proven experience building with Content Management Systems
- Experience in building for Wordpress or Contentful is highly desirable
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and web services
- Experience with GraphQL is highly desired
- Have a good working knowledge of UI, responsive design, cross-browser compatibility, and general web functions and standards
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and experience optimizing websites for search engines
- Understanding of accessibility standards (WCAG) and experience implementing accessibility features
- Proficiency in performance optimization techniques to ensure fast-loading and responsive websites
- Proficiency with code versioning tools (GIT)
How you will spend your time:
- Develop a best-in-class digital experience for our customers (safetyculture.com)
- Work with designers, developers, marketers and engineering to develop dynamic user experiences that are user-friendly
- Deliver cross-browser, optimised and responsive code
- Produce clean, maintainable and scalable code
- Implement best coding practices across web projects
- Monitor, suggest and implement improvements to the performance of the websites
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to maintain high quality code
- Analyze visitor behaviour and develop hypotheses and A/B tests
More than a job:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite
- On-site gym, table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.