Senior Underwriting Manager
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Come join this completely new team as we build out SafetyCulture Care within SafetyCulture. A risk-led Insurance Agency that is helping companies that stand to benefit from the unique product offering of SC Care to empower them to run better, safer business. By leveraging data insights from SafetyCulture tools, we help businesses become smarter and reward those who are actively managing their risk exposure.
Are you a Senior Underwriting Manager looking for your next challenge? Buckle up and get ready to make your mark with SafetyCulture Care as we redefine the limits of what's possible in the insurance industry!
As we continue to grow, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Underwriting Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for overseeing the underwriting process, ensuring compliance with company guidelines and industry regulations. You will have strong leadership abilities, possess excellent analytical skills and have a thorough understanding of risk assessment and management.
How you will spend your time?
- Lead, manage, coach and mentor the team to ensure effective resource allocation, optimal performance, capability development, employee engagement and retention, and to create an environment to drive and facilitate change
- Perform complex underwriting activities in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
- Establish and maintain product underwriting guidelines including risk management and risk acceptance criteria
- Underwriting activities in compliance with business and regulatory requirements
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current legislation, best practice, underwriting acceptance levels, systems and organisational guidelines
- Maintain and review policy wording on a regular basis
- Perform technical underwriting audits in accordance with the audit manual
- Support effective communication of Product related issues across SafetyCulture Care
- Build internal and external relationships by effectively communicating, negotiating and influencing within the industry
- Manage key portfolios and relationships with intermediaries to effectively promote the product and raise the expertise of brokers
- Supervise the underwriting activities of Development Underwriters ensuring all procedures are adhered to
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to Development Underwriters
- Ensure the customer facing roles are adequately trained per RG146 and maintain the training register for Compliance Lead
What do I need?
- Team Player - you work effectively with cross-functional teams and can manage tasks and interests from many stakeholder groups
- Reporting to the General Manager, you’re expected to help set overall company strategy, build an incredible working culture, and set an example to everyone of how to live up to our values
- Motivation to expand, learn and grow with a high performing team
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Proactive, collaborative, and resilient
- Providing technical expertise and guidance to Product, Risk Solutions, Design & Delivery and Data & Analytics Teams
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Encourage and promote knowledge sharing and learning
More than a job:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite
- On-site gym, table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture Crew we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.