Mid Weight Visual Designer
Seer Medical is a Melbourne-based medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award-winning medical devices, combined with an extensive research and development program, and demand-based clinical coverage across the country, we are shifting the patient center of care from the hospital to the home.
Our mission is to open up access to diagnostic monitoring that is traditionally only offered through hospitals. We do this by creating medical products and services that transition hospital-based diagnostic testing into the home setting.
We also recognise that healthcare doesn’t stop after testing. Medical research is at the heart of what we do at Seer Medical, and we’ve been leading the industry in understanding seizure cycles and contributing to academic research that will change the lives of millions living with uncontrolled epilepsy.
When you join the Seer Medical team, you become part of a tight-knit group driven by purposeful work to make a huge impact in the world.
About the role
We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Visual Designer to join our marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual looking to be a part of a small, high-performing team. The role will report to the Lead Visual Designer.
In this role, you will work independently to create content for both digital and print channels. The majority of your time will be spent creating for the digital space — including, but not limited to: website assets, landing pages, paid and organic social media assets.
You will work on print projects as well, so an understanding of finished art and pre-press is essential. Print items you may work on include brochures, instructional handbooks, signage, conference/trade show displays, and more.
We work in a regulated industry, so there will be times when priorities shift to ensure we are compliant in our marketing materials. For that reason, we are looking for a designer that has a flexible and adaptable mindset. The successful candidate will be creative, technically excellent, highly organised, and comfortable with the iterative and constructive process of design.
You will collaborate closely with other design disciplines within the business to create a consistent brand experience across all of Seer Medical’s touch points.
- At least 4+ years industry experience
- A qualification (degree/certificate) in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience designing for online and offline channels to brand guidelines
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Figma.
- Layout, typography and design capabilities with a demonstrated portfolio of work across print, digital and social media
- Experience with basic image retouching would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated understanding of finished art and pre-press, alongside experience working within both digital and print colour spaces
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills — you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills, as well as a track record of building relationships and managing stakeholders.
Nice to have
- Understanding and application of accessible web standards in design solutions.
- Experience with motion design as it relates to marketing collateral and UI
>> Applicants must provide a portfolio of their relevant work experience to be considered.
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Contribute to the global impact our groundbreaking products and technologies are making.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Sense.
- We’ve been awarded over AU$2 million in government fund grants towards new product innovation, manufacturing, and research in the last two (2) years
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Our products and technologies are listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods, have earned CE accreditation, and are currently being evaluated for FDA approval.
- We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer Medical is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.