Product Design Manager
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
A little about us
Shippit is Australia’s best connected shipping software. Logistics infrastructure is a sophisticated beast, and we’re not only improving the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner: deliveries made through our platform are already 100% Carbon Neutral. Proudly Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup with the security of impacting a growing industry that needs some love and attention. Our recent Series B2 cap raise of $65m has added to our ability to grow and solve some chunky problems.
Watch this - What we do
The role & the team
As the Product Design Manager, you will manage a team of talented product designers and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business objectives and customer needs and translate them into design solutions. You will develop and implement design strategies, processes, and standards to improve design efficiency and effectiveness.
As the Product Design Manager you will play a key role in the Product organisation in shaping the future of Shippit’s product and delivering an outstanding user experience.
Day to Day
* Lead and manage our product design team to develop user-centred design solutions for Shippit’s SaaS products.
* Define the role of product designers in the SDLC (software delivery lifecycle) and guide the work (process and output) of the product design team as part of a cross functional triad:
> Work closely with the product management team to understand our clients' needs and business requirements, and translate them into design solutions;
> Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure designs are technically feasible and align with our development roadmap.
* Guide Shippit’s user research capability development across primary research, concept testing, usability testing, and analysis of user data to validate design concepts and gather user feedback
* Champion the development and use of a design system to reduce design and development effort and create consistency of experience across the product.
* Mentor and develop the design team to ensure their growth and success, including refining product design capability requirements, assessment and L&D needs.
* Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, tools, and techniques, and use this knowledge to continuously improve our design processes and outputs.
* Build and maintain a strong design culture, promoting collaboration, innovation, and a focus on user needs and experiences.
* Create an experience vision and evangelise and monitor that across all work in progress.
* Establish and maintain design guidelines and standards for Shippits SaaS solutions.
* As we are a small team in a scale up environment, the Design Manager will still be hands-on, in larger initiatives, particularly in the planning and discovery phases.
Our ideal Shippster
* Leadership and management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional peers and stakeholders.
* Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
* A deep understanding of design principles, trends, and technologies, and the ability to apply them in practice.
* Strong portfolio which showcases user-centred design solutions for SaaS products.
* Have had exposure working in a fast paced, agile environment.
* Strong understanding of user research and usability testing methodologies.
* Proficiency in design and prototyping tools.
Life at Shippit
* Flexible Hybrid - ability to mix your working week between The Shippit office and your home office
* We are all builders - we share our successes! Be rewarded with our Employee Share Option Plan
* Family & Paw friendly - generous parental leave policy and pet friendly office
* Be Healthy - Wellbeing Policy with strong focus on whatever makes you feel good from inside out.
* Enrich your life - travel and explore the world through the flexibility to temporarily work anywhere, yes anywhere in the world for up to 2 weeks of the year
* Fuel your growth journey - Unlocking your potential with a blend of in person and online learning and development opportunities
* Be comfortable - Casual Friday everyday!
* We love to have fun - Team outings, weekly lunches, team events, loaded pantry and the list goes on…
Join our high-performance culture at Shippit where you can make a difference. We’re on a mission that needs the right #goodhumans to help make ship happen!
Shippit actively supports a diverse workforce at all levels of the company and we all embody the core values that make our business unique. We foster a culture of inclusion at Shippit and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Our mantra is to make ship happen, every single day.
We’re a phenomenal place to work, and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #6 Best Place to Work by AFR in 2023. . It doesn’t stop there, we have a whole bunch of accolades we earnt over the years which we are super proud of.
Watch this - Culture at Shippit
Our recruitment process - we don’t like to complicate things
1. Phone screening - nice and simple to start, let’s get to know each other.
2. Hiring Manager Interview - impress your potential new Manager.
3. Technical/ Functional Interview - let your skills do the talking.
4. Values Interview - have you got what it takes to be a Shippster?
Get in touch
Let's create something extraordinary and make ship happen! Apply now and join the Shippster family.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.