Head of Strategy
Sonder is an active care technology company that helps organisations improve the wellbeing of their people so they perform at their best. Our mobile app provides immediate, 24/7 support from a team of safety, medical, and mental health professionals - plus onsite help for time-sensitive scenarios. Accredited by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS), our platform gives leaders the insights they need to act on tomorrow’s wellbeing challenges today.
We completed a highly successful Series B capital raise in August 2022. With operations in Australia, New Zealand and the UK, we are at an exciting time of growth and we invite you to join us on our mission to help organisations around the world create a culture of Active Care.
- 500,000+ eligible members across multiple countries
- 300 + team members, as well as an on-the-ground responder network
- Trusted by major corporations, education providers, and government agencies
- Winner of the 2021 Australian Financial Review BOSS #1 Most Innovative Company (Technology)
Join Sonder’s innovative movement to provide global support through the right care at the right time and know you are contributing to empowering people to be at their best.
About the role
Reporting into the CEO, as the Head of Strategy, You’ll lead the development, execution and evolution of our strategic initiatives. Playing a crucial role in our long term direction, driving Sonder’s growth and solidifying our position as a leader in the active care technology sector.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and articulating Sonder's long-term vision, mission, and strategic priorities in alignment with market trends and customer needs alongside our executive team.
- Translating market insights into actionable strategies, including entry strategies for new markets and the identification of potential M&A targets.
- Conducting comprehensive market research and analysis to identify key industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer preferences.
- Driving initiatives to diversify Sonder's customer base, extend reach to new geographies, and broaden industry verticals.
- Providing strategic insights and data-driven recommendations to guide board discussions and decisions
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is passionate, self-motivated, and takes pride in producing high-quality work every day. Above all else, you - the ideal candidate - will embody the Sonder values and love working in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace.
What you bring to the team;
- Minimum 6 years of experience in strategic leadership roles within the technology sector or as a management consultant
- Passion for wellbeing, healthcare, or related fields
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Track record of developing and executing successful strategic initiatives that drive business growth and innovation.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting to change and ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to transform complex data into actionable insights
Why join Sonder?
You will work with a collaborative, vibrant and passionate team of experienced professionals, inside and outside of the StrategyTeam and as we continue to grow, there will be plenty of development opportunities.
- Hybrid working environment + modern office facilities
- Learning fund - annual contribution + 2 days of study leave to support your personal development
- Paid parental leave with an attractive return to work policy (e.g. Return to work at 80% for the first 3 months at full pay!)
- Induction and onboarding designed to make you succeed in your new role
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- Wellbeing support to invest in your own wellbeing
- Free coffee Tuesdays and catered lunch on Thursdays
- Team social fund to connect with your team, plus company wide social events
- Dog-friendly office
- Volunteer leave - 2 days per year to participate in meaningful causes and contribute back to the community
Check out our life page for more info - https://www.linkedin.com/company/sondersafe/life/
Due to the nature of our industry, all Sonder employees are required to complete a National Police Check and WWCC