Associate Procurement & Logistics Officer
Port Kembla NSW 2505, Australia · San Mateo, CA, USA · Wales, UK
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
About Us:SunDrive is one of Australia's most exciting start-ups, operating in one of the world's most exciting spaces – renewable energy technology.We are on a mission to unlock Solar's full potential by revolutionising how solar cells are made, to unlock new heights of efficiency, cost, and sustainability.Founded in 2015 by two UNSW roommates (Vince Allen - a PhD student in solar and David Hu – a former investment banker), we have come a long way From the breakthrough made in their garage to producing the world’s most efficient commercial-sized solar panel.In 2022, we secured $21 million in our Series A funding round, and are backed by some of Australia’s top venture capital firms (Blackbird, Main Sequence, Virescent, and Mike Cannon-Brooke’s private investment fund, Grok), tech founders, a former Australian Prime Minister, and the Australian Government.As the very first Purchasing & Logistics Officer you will be responsible for all aspects of purchasing and logistics across SunDrive. This includes sourcing and negotiating with suppliers, placing orders, tracking shipments, and managing inventory. The ideal candidate will have the ability to interface with and speak with China-based teams and be willing to build our systems and processes from 0-1.You'll be responsible for:
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers both locally and internationally.
- Work with suppliers and logistics to ensure smooth delivery of dangerous goods.
- Lead, forecast and plan for internal requirements to ensure timely delivery of required materials and equipment.
- Organize installers of equipment with support of the HR team for Visa’s, Housing, Internet, etc.
- Work with team leaders and executives to provide regular updates of shipments to keep them up to date on expected timelines.
- Manage inventory levels internally both currently and forecasted as we scale.
- Develop and implement purchasing and logistics policies and procedures, including systems as required.
- Contribute to CAPEX efficiency, representing the Purchasing and Logistics function.
- Local and International travel to build strong relationships with suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field preferred.
- previous experience in a procurement and logistics role, ideally with exposure to dangerous goods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read/speak Chinese
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Free confidential EAP offered to all employees (full-time, part-time and casual employment) and their immediate family members from the first day of employment with SunDrive
- AUD $1,000 per calendar year
- 5 days of leave at full pay
- 13 weeks of leave at full pay for the primary caregiver
- 6 weeks leave for the secondary caregiver (4 weeks Full Pay, 2 weeks Government incentive)
- 6 weeks of parental bereavement leave at full pay for both primary and secondary caregivers
- Up to 2 days working from home per work week for non-site and operations staff
- Up to AUD $45 per week for public transport/tolls, 52 weeks per calendar year