Mid/Senior UI Designer
Superhero is an award-winning Australian superannuation platform and online broker built for the new generation of investors. Our mission is to make investing affordable, accessible and understandable for everyone.
Recognised as one of LinkedIn Australia’s Top Startups in 2022, Money Magazine’s Best of the Best Online Share Broker Award in 2022 and 2023, and Canstar’s Online Share Trading - Most Satisfied Customer Award in 2023, we’ve secured over $50m in funding and have more than $1 billion in assets under management.
Today, we’re proudly helping over 250,000 investors and superannuation members reimagine their financial future and feel confident about their wealth-building journey.
We're looking for a driven, customer-focused UI Designer to continue to build our Design System and bring our research and wireframes to life. Together, we will empower individuals to make informed financial decisions and unlock their true investment potential.
About The Role
Joining at a pivotal time in Superhero’s growth, this role would suit a Mid-Senior UI Designer with an interest in the fintech space and being part of a dynamic, driven and supportive design team. While focusing on our design systems, you’ll be invited to be a part of the entire design process. Discovery to handover.
This is an exciting opportunity, while helping to build the next stage of Superhero’s evolution. This role is based from our Bligh St office, in the heart of Sydney’s CBD.
- Create and maintain, develop and grow our design system.
- Create pixel perfect designs for our app and website products.
- Participate in design reviews and present design concepts to stakeholders, providing clear rationales around your design decisions.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback, data analysis, and evolving business objectives, continuously improving the user experience.
- Work closely with developers to ensure accurate implementation of designs, providing design specifications, assets, and guidance throughout the development cycle.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in product and interface design.
About The Design Team
- We’re a small but mighty design team, whose mission is to design the best investing product in the market while enjoying each other’s company.
- We support each other’s ideas, goals and caffeine addictions.
- We work closely with the founders, and other key areas of the business including Customer Service and Marketing.
- We advocate for our users and their goals, while balancing business needs.
- Team members receive ongoing mentorship on the design area of their choosing and monthly 1:1 sessions with the Head of Design.
- You have proven experience in creating and maintaining design systems.
- You have a clear handover process to front-end developers, providing support and documentation.
- You love creating high fidelity designs, and have a pixel perfect approach to all your work.
- You have a meticulous approach to file hygiene.
- You have experience designing excellent cross-platform products and features.
- You are articulate, and can present your design to small and large groups.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your design process, problem solving skills and user-centric innovation.
- You have reached expert level in Figma.
- You are a positive individual; embracing challenges and a range of design problems.
- You have 2-3 years experience in UI design, bonus points if you’ve had experience working on a financial product.
- Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
- We do the right things, always. We lead with transparency and accountability and always do what’s right for our customers.
- We’re never done. We have a bias for action and a hunger for growth.
- There’s no ‘i’ hero. We’re team-first and believe in owning the problem and sharing our success together.
- We innovate courageously. We start with “how” and “why not” and we don’t settle for the status quo.
At Superhero, we're passionate about building a company that celebrates diversity and inclusion in all its forms. We believe that a wide range of perspectives, ideas, and experiences lead to better outcomes for our customers and for society as a whole. If you share our values and are excited about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume with a link to your portfolio. This interview process will be a three part process. An initial interview, design challenge and if successful, a quick chat with one of our co-founders.
No recruiters, thank you.