Line 1 Operational Risk Manager
Superhero is an award-winning Australian superannuation platform and online broker built for the new generation of investors. Our mission is to make investing affordable, accessible and understandable for everyone. Recognised as one of LinkedIn Australia’s Top Startups in 2022, Money Magazine’s Best of the Best Online Share Broker Award in 2022 and 2023, and Canstar’s Online Share Trading - Most Satisfied Customer Award in 2023, we’ve secured over $50m in funding and have more than $2 billion in assets under management.
Today, we’re proudly helping over 275,000 investors and superannuation members reimagine their financial future and feel confident about their wealth-building journey. We’re looking for sharp, collaborative minds to support our mission of democratising investing.
About the role:
We are seeking a Line 1 Operational Risk Manager who will manage Superhero’s risk function. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in identifying, assessing, and managing risks across the business, have a strong understanding of risk management principles and practices, and strong analytical and communication skills. The successful candidate will be accountable for implementing risk management practices to safeguard company assets, reputation, and operational well-being.
You will also build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business to proactively drive risk awareness.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities across various aspects of the organisation, including data security, legal, regulatory and operational risks.
- Develop and implement risk management practices to minimise exposure to identified risks. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the appropriate design and effectiveness of risk management controls.
- Establish and maintain a robust risk monitoring system to track and analyse risk indicators, ensuring timely detection of emerging risks and issues.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation to manage risk across the organisation, including risk appetites, frameworks, processes and procedures.
- Provide regular reports on the status of risk management activities for senior management, Board sub-committees and stakeholders. Communicate key risk insights and recommend strategies for risk reduction.
- Assist with the group’s insurance programs, including coverage analysis, claims management, and policy renewals.
- Manage the risks associated with onboarding and ongoing monitoring of third party vendors.
- Develop and implement incident management and business continuity processes and procedures to ensure the organisation is prepared to respond in an effective and timely manner to incidents and unforeseen events and to appropriately report on and remediate these matters where required.
- Conduct training sessions and workshops to raise risk awareness and promote a risk-aware culture across the business.
Required experience, qualifications and attributes:
- In-depth knowledge of risk management frameworks and methodologies.
- Proven experience in leading and managing business functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and prioritise workload to deliver outcomes in a timely manner.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills and ability to challenge existing business processes where required.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, adapting to changing priorities and business needs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and risk based mindset.
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments and functions.
Some of our perks and benefits include:
- Market-leading salary package
- Work alongside equally talented peers at a leading fintech
- Work-life balance with flexible working arrangements
- Awesome CBD office stocked with fresh fruit, snacks and a welcoming, winning culture
At Superhero we are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics that our people possess, and we are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is included and treated with respect.
Interested? Please hit the 'Apply Now' button and we look forward to hearing from you.
You will need to have the rights to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available for this role.