Senior Frontend Engineer
Superhero is an award-winning Australian superannuation platform and online broker built for the new generation of investors. Our mission is to make investing affordable, accessible and understandable for everyone.
Recognised as one of LinkedIn Australia’s Top Startups in 2022, Money Magazine’s Best of the Best Online Share Broker Award in 2022, 2023 and 2024, and Canstar’s Online Share Trading - Most Satisfied Customer Award in 2023, we’ve secured over $50m in funding and have more than $1 billion in assets under management.
Today, we’re proudly helping over 275,000 investors and superannuation members reimagine their financial future and feel confident about their wealth-building journey. We’re looking for sharp, collaborative minds to support our mission of democratising investing!
About the role
In this role as a Senior Frontend Engineer, you'll play a key part in shaping our member engagement by developing an effective, user-friendly interface.
We're looking for someone who's genuinely enthusiastic about React and frontend development and can confidently implement new features. The ideal candidate should have a sharp focus on details and be comfortable working independently. If you have an interest in the financial or investing sector, that's a great addition, but it's not essential.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on development, testing and maintenance.
- Develop high-quality, scalable, and efficient front-end code. Implement new features and functionalities in accordance with project requirements and timelines.
- Building responsive and adaptive layouts by ensuring cross-browser compatibility and accessibility standards.
- Researching, analysing and developing reusable code and libraries for better speed and scalability.
- Participating in code reviews and contributing to the development of best practices.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, UX designers and Backend engineers.
- Working within systems limitations to deliver outcomes.
- Participating in stand-ups, design review meetings, and other data-driven decision-making processes.
- Providing feedback to product teams on continuous improvement across web application design and development.
What we’re looking for
- Familiarity with the following: Redux Toolkit, RTK Query, React Context; RxJS, Styled Components or similar CSS-in-JS libraries; Automatic testing with Jest, React Testing Library;
- Experience in building to a Design System;
- Familiarity with workflow and collaboration tools such as Git, JIRA, Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab
- Ability to share knowledge and explore new ideas;
- Contributions to open source projects or personal projects would be highly regarded.
What we can offer you
- Market-leading salary package
- Work alongside equally talented peers at a leading fintech startup
- Modern CBD offices stocked with fresh fruit, snacks and a welcoming environment
- We do the right things, always: We lead with transparency and accountability and always do what’s right for our customers.
- We’re never done: We have a bias for action and a hunger for growth.
- There’s no ‘i’ hero: We’re team-first and believe in owning the problem and sharing our success together.
- We innovate courageously: We start with “how” and “why not” and we don’t settle for the status quo.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe that different perspectives lead to better outcomes. If you're passionate, innovative, and aligned with our values, we're excited to have you on board. Help us shape the future of fintech investment and empower our clients to achieve their financial goals.
Interested? Please hit the 'Apply Now' button and we look forward to hearing from you.
You will need to have the rights to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available for this role.