Financial Accountant (Mid level)
Superhero is an award-winning Australian superannuation platform and online broker built for the new generation of investors. Our mission is to make investing affordable, accessible and understandable for everyone.
Recognised as one of LinkedIn Australia’s Top Startups in 2022, Money Magazine’s Best of the Best Online Share Broker Award in 2022, 2023 and 2024, and Canstar’s Online Share Trading - Most Satisfied Customer Award in 2023, we’ve secured over $50m in funding and have $2 billion in assets under management.
Today, we’re proudly helping over 275,000 investors and superannuation members reimagine their financial future and feel confident about their wealth-building journey.
About the Role
We are seeking a seasoned Finance Manager to play a pivotal role in our company. Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, this position is crucial in managing our financial operations and controls. You will be instrumental in nurturing external relationships, particularly with auditors and accountants, ensuring the smooth and compliant running of our financial domain.
- Oversee daily financial operations, including payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Produce complete and accurate annual and half-yearly audited financial statements.
- Maintain continuous communication with auditors and accounting firms.
- Apply accounting standards meticulously to our financial operations and reporting.
- Collaborate closely with the Commercial Finance Manager for precise financial account maintenance.
- Support the business in optimising cash flows and implementing process improvements across financial operations.
- Prepare monthly financial accounts, aiding the Commercial Finance Manager in reporting to the CEO, Board and Board committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g., CA, CPA) is preferable.
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a big 4 firm. Startup/scale up experience is also beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and financial regulations.
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Some of our perks and benefits include
- Market-leading salary package
- Work alongside equally talented peers at a leading fintech
- Work-life balance with flexible working arrangements
- Awesome CBD office stocked with fresh fruit, snacks and a welcoming, winning culture
At Superhero we are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics that our people possess, and we are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is included and treated with respect.
Interested? Please hit the 'Apply Now' button and we look forward to hearing from you.
You will need to have the rights to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available for this role.