Senior Financial Accountant
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
At Swyftx, we're not just building a fintech scaleup; we're shaping the future of Australia's digital currency industry. With over 650,000 users, we have our sights set high, aiming to be Australia's largest cryptocurrency trading platform and the next billion-dollar success story. This is not just another job opportunity; it's a chance to make your mark in an industry-defining company.
As a Senior Accountant at Swyftx, you will have the unique opportunity to build processes, collaborate cross functionally, and play a key role in the team’s ability to scale. You have strong commercial acumen, a solution orientated mindset and you thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. This role will be based in our beautiful Brisbane based office and is a hybrid role with a minimum of 3 days in the office.
What you’ll do
- Prepare end-of-month closing processes, including relevant journals and reconciliations.
- Ensure general ledger integrity to facilitateaccurate and timely financial reporting.
- Preparation of annual Group Financial Statements and supporting schedules and attending to audit queries.
- Preparation of BAS and FBT lodgements as they fall due.
- Assist in the preparation of income tax returns.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve enquiries related to financial matters, provide solutions-based approach and initiatives to future-proof financial operations and procedures.
- Participation in special projects and support any ad-hoc requests of Swyftx Leaders, where and as requested.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities, adapting to changing needs as required and drive projects to completion in a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
- Strong tax experience is a must including; BAS, GST. Tax returns etc.
- You will be CPA or CA qualified.
- You will have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance
Some of our perks and benefits include:
- Unlimited fee-free trading
- Career growth, training, mentorship, and development opportunities
- Social activities, game breaks and end of month awards
- Fully stocked kitchen, breakfast and lunch foods, unlimited fresh fruit, snacks and kombucha
- Weekly catered lunches on a Wednesday
At Swyftx, we're not just building a diverse and dynamic environment; we're celebrating it. We value and embrace the unique experiences, qualities, and characteristics that each member of our team brings, and we're committed to cultivating an inclusive workspace where everyone feels valued, respected, and empowered to do their best work.
If you are driven by excellence, a deep commitment to integrity, and an unwavering drive to make an impact then click ‘apply now’.
We have an internal Talent Acquisition function, and therefore are not accepting approaches from recruitment agencies.