Senior Buyer - Women's Mainstream
Since 2011, THE ICONIC has redefined the future of retail in Australia and New Zealand. As the #1 fashion e-commerce destination in the region, our e-commerce platforms provide an inspiring and seamless end-to-end customer experience through our own technology innovations.
THE ICONIC Commercial team is data, product and trend orientated. Our Commercial team is customer obsessed and delivers the future of fashion through curating a customer centric platform of choice. The Category Buying team work together with the Planning team to drive sales, maximise profit, manage intake and ensure that of the moment and forward-thinking ranges engage THE ICONIC customer.
As the Senior Category Buyer you will report to the Buying Manager. You will support the department strategy, vision and budget planning. You will be responsible for assisting the purchasing and procurement of goods required by the business. You will support the Buying Manager to achieve the sales growth within your category in alignment with THE ICONIC’s commercial strategy.
We are currently looking for a Senior Category Buyer- Women's Mainstream to join our commercial team.
About the role:
- Own and drive multi department strategy, vision and budget planning (Wholesale, MP, Hybrid) in conjunction with Buyers, Planners, Buying Manager and Category Manager
- Must own & buy a strategic or complex department code of significant value.
- Full ownership of trade within one's own department, incl. replenishment, stock swaps, RTS, CAYG in order to hit approved budget
- Owns and guides junior buyers and buyers to purchase the most relevant range for the desired customer
- Identifies and implements best practices in buying principles and ability to scale departments in a profitable manner
- Actively contributes to brand acquisition or creation strategy supporting buyer/ BM / CM as required by identifying new potential brands
- Completes and supports all facets of contract negotiations with new potential brands
- Full understanding of onboarding procedure and contracts and help team to complete
- Supports and develops own relationships with internal key stakeholders
- Present monthly forecast to senior management interpreting performance using a detailed understanding of the WSSI and key levers of trade within department in collaboration with planner
- Accountable for intake and OTB management to identify opportunities, flag risk with BM/CM/Planner
- Effectively manages brand relationships with strategic and profitable outcomes
- Constantly challenges the status quo to drive efficiency and improvement in processes
- Uses clear customer focus to identify opportunities for improvements/ expansion to the customer onsite experience
- Works with key stakeholders to ensure customer persona alignment to execute a well-rounded offer
- Local and international market, trend and competitor knowledge relevant to the ANZ market
- Identifies promotion/marketing opportunities for the division in order to drive sales and provide a competitive and exciting retail experience for the customer
- Plans and signs off buyership ranges in conjunction with planner in terms of lifecycle, stock management, phasing and margin, etc
- Is fully aware of any product legal requirements and ensures all relevant labelling is correct and present
- Conducts SWOT analysis leading to strategy reviews which is able to succinctly be presented to senior management
- Manages and leads junior team members
- Motivates and supports other members of the division
- On top of your main roles and responsibilities, if any team deadlines are not being met, you will be required to step in and help carry out any tasks as required by the business.
- Ideally you will have previous experience as a Senior Buyer working in high volume business
- Skilled in Excel reporting (including pivot tables and v-look ups)
- Strong communication skills with a great eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills
- A strong team player who embodies our ICONIC Principles
- A love for all things womenswear fashion & Lifestyle
Life at THE ICONIC
From our ways of working to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! People are our greatest asset and our ICONITE experience is designed to empower you to do your best work. Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- Flexible working. We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Parents at THE ICONIC. Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher to treat yourself
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
- Furry friend. We are a dog friendly office for anyone who wants to bring their fur baby to work.
- Refer a friend. Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully referring someone to THE ICONIC!
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org