P&C Advisor - Operations
At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports, beauty and home.
Our People & Purpose
Our People & Culture (P&C) team are passionate about building a culture of learning where everyone is inspired and motivated to do their best work. Our team is a multi-talented bunch who have skills and experience in everything from talent acquisition, learning and development, health and safety, property and space planning and people shared services.
We are looking for an experienced People & Culture Advisor to join our team on a 12 month contract to partner with our Operations function to deliver on people plans that drive results, based in our Fulfillment Centre at Yennora. The key capabilities to be successful in this role will be a demonstrated ability to work hands on with the business to deliver on initiatives in the areas of talent, performance management, workforce planning, engagement and culture. You will thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to juggle multiple priorities.
What you’ll love about the role…
- You are a collaborative advisor for the Operations function, partnering with the P&C Business Partners, to support the delivery of the People Strategy.
- You will provide guidance and counsel relating to talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, remuneration, conflict management and organisational development.
- You assist in the development of the Strategic Workforce Plan for Operations including identifying and managing competencies across the function.
- You identify leadership capability gaps and key people issues and work with the P&C team to develop strategies to ensure the success of the Operations team by developing the next generation of leaders.
- You communicate openly and effectively across your role, and keep your team updated on relevant pieces of work, escalating and seeking approvals as required.
- You support the P&C Business Partners in the development and implementation of P&C initiatives with a focus on scaling for growth and culture retention
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff on people policies, procedures, processes and SOP’s.
- Manage end to end all employee relations matters of moderate complexity
- Partner with the Health Safety and Wellbeing Team to manage return to work coordination
What you bring to the role…
- Solid Business Partnering or HR Generalist experience within a fast past and agile environment.
- Ability to build solid working relationships within the P&C team and your client group, gain trust and rapport to be a trusted advisor
- A passion for Operations and Employee/Industrial Relations
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR programs and practices including Culture and Engagement, Organisational Design and Change Management as well as a strong foundation in Employee Relations and best practice
- Qualifications in HR or education, workplace training & assessment, with proven experience in a similar role
- A confident communicator who is able to manage difficult conversations with empathy as well as facilitate workshops and influence discussions
- A proven ability to use People metrics to inform strategy and business decisions.
- This role will largely be based at THE ICONIC's Fulfilment Centre in Yennora, Western Sydney.
Life at THE ICONIC
From our ways of working to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! People are our greatest asset and our ICONITE experience is designed to empower you to do your best work. Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge ‘fix’ with our learning days, hackathons and access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org