Planner - Beauty & Lifestyle
Since 2011, THE ICONIC has redefined the future of retail in Australia and New Zealand. As the #1 fashion e-commerce destination in the region, our e-commerce platforms provide an inspiring and seamless end-to-end customer experience through our own technology innovations.
THE ICONIC Planning team is driven, dynamic and data orientated. The team works together with Company Planning to drive sales, maximise profit and manage inventory ensuring product ranges and marketing strategies not only meet but exceed the needs of THE ICONIC customer.
As a Planner you will report to the Planning Manager. Updating, collating and interpreting analysis and data, you will provide solutions in line with THE ICONIC strategy. You work closely with Buying counterparts to optimise with in-season trading and understand where to grow THE ICONIC business through strategic planning. It is a key function which requires commercial awareness, great relationship skills and a flexibility to adapt to the needs of the business. Working closely with finance, operations and tech to ensure opportunities are identified, objectives achieved and processes and systems streamlined.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Planner to join our Beauty & Lifestyle team, if you are a highly skilled planner and are OBSESSED with all things BEAUTY and LIFESTYLE be part of a team that dream BIG and apply now for this amazing opportunity.
About the Role
- Communicates confidently with senior management and uses their influence and knowledge to drive department growth
- Manages the BUB process, working collaboratively with Buying to achieve deadlines and ensures the brand strategy aligns with department strategy
- Manages a WSSI, owns the forecasting and presents in reforecast meetings
- Effectively manages prioritization of own and direct team’s workload during peak planning periods
- Reviews in season and post season performance, giving recommendations of areas to focus on, grow and decline
- Ensure all tools & reporting are set up to ensure the buying team can make fact based decisions
- Mitigates risk by identifying problem areas and having bias for action
- Strives for continuous improvement in own department, whether it be processes, systems or tools
- Drives the department strategy and contributes to the wider segment strategy
- Develops a mid to long term strategic view to drive growth and profit for the department
- Suggests actions to take based on potential future concerns, either based on economic or social trends
- Works closely with the Planning Manager and Buyers to maximize profit for the season
- Monitors all facets of the department, implements plans for any underperforming categories and brands and identifies ways to potentialise opportunities
- Proposes marketing campaigns to the planning manager ensuring promotional activity delivers the best possible outcome, retaining margin
- Collaborates cross departmentally, establishing strong relationships with other Category Management departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen department’s position
- Works cross-functionally, establishing strong relationships with key departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen department’s position
- Embraces and drives positive change across the department
- Embodies THE ICONIC principles
Life at THE ICONIC....
From our ways of working to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! People are our greatest asset and our ICONITE experience is designed to empower you to do your best work.
Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- Flexible working. We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Parents at THE ICONIC. Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher to treat yourself
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
- Furry friend. We are a dog friendly office for anyone who wants to bring their fur baby to work.
- Refer a friend. Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully referring someone to THE ICONIC!