Senior BI Specialist
Senior BI Specialist
At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
The Data squad
Our Data team knows our customers and their shopping habits better than they do. Have you ever noticed suggested items when shopping online? or maybe a matching item for something you have just added to your bag? That’s our team! We use data analytics, data modelling and data forecasting to create a seamless customer experience, from suggesting sizes based on other brands you wear, to offering personalised product recommendations. We are a driving force behind our business strategies and decisions. We are integrated into all departments to ensure all employees at THE ICONIC have access to good quality and timely data.
Our BI & Analytics team works on some pretty cool stuff such as Semantic Layer development, Data Mesh modelling, real-time reporting capabilities and Big behavioural data!
A bit about the role
Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting our site each month, the volume of data is large. Our BI Specialists work with data at scale and get hands-on experience in all facets of the data that we collect.
You will work alongside skilled and collaborative team members as we transform our data infrastructure and will ensure that datasets for self-service and reporting are available of high quality.
What you’ll do
- Deliver data capability through advanced BI methodologies to enable the business with data driven decision making.
- Design and develop THE ICONICs Data Mesh and Data Lake House.
- Develop the semantic layer to enable self-service processes for other business areas including marketing, operations, trade etc.
- Building real-time Enterprise Reports/Dashboards for the business.
- Support developing a data driven culture: Driving data driven decision making (DDDM) and analyzing patterns and facts from these insights to influence measurable goals, strategies and activities that benefit the business in a number of areas.
Here’s what you need to set you off on an ICONIC Journey
- 5+ years of commercial experience as a BI specialist or similar.
- Experience in advanced SQL / data analytics.
- Experience working with Data Warehouse technologies such as BigQuery, Snowflake or Redshift.
- Strong competency towards the ELT approach, especially around data transformation.
- Understanding of data warehousing principles, including methodologies, architecture, performance and good practices.
- Sound understanding of CI/CD process and implementation via platforms such as GitHub or GitLab.
- Excellent knowledge of data visualisation and experience developing with a modern BI tool such as Looker & Tableau.
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields or business stakeholders.
Here’s some extra things you may bring to the table
- Degree in Statistics, Information Management or other relevant technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Web analytics/Product analytics experience.
- Providing data solutions in a retail environment.
- Experience with dbt, Python and/or R programming.
- Experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methods in the commercial world.
Life at THE ICONIC
- We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you.
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons, and access to LinkedIn Learning and Udemy
- Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and a $50 ICONIC Voucher to treat yourself
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals!
- Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully referring someone to THE ICONIC!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org