Accounting & Finance, Legal
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our strong team of 600+ Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
About the role
The Tyro Finance Control team is positioned to support Tyro business strategy as well as continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focussing on financial management, control, planning and providing excellent customer experience and support to key stakeholders.
As part of the Finance Control team, your role has exposures to both financial and regulatory reporting. You will be supporting the production of accurate and timely financial information for internal and external use, as well as maintaining and ascertaining the integrity of accounting records. You will also be responsible for preparation and submission of accurate and timely regulatory reporting. This is a permanent role reporting directly to the Finance Manager.
What you'll do
- Assist in month end processes including journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual APRA returns
- Preparation of quarterly ABS surveys and ABN/TFN returns
- Assist in lodgement of BTTPS, CRS and AIIR return lodgements
- Assist in half year and year end statutory reporting
- Assist with the interim and annual audit processes
- Continuous improvement and streamlining of processes and systems to promote improved control and reporting efficiency
- Other ad-hoc requests and project work as required
What you'll bring
- CA/CPA qualified or close to completion
- Exposure to ERP systems
- At least 3 years’ experience in a regulatory reporting role. Exposure to APRA returns is desirable
- Excellent Word and Excel Skills
- Experience in Banking industry or other regulated industries (desirable)
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent time management & prioritisation - Capable of managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, while producing quality output
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.