Graduate Quality Engineer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
About the role
The Tyro Quality Engineering Chapter plays a key role in the development of Tyro’s products and services, the primary focus of our chapter is to enable on-time delivery of software products with highest quality. The team comprises of 10+ quality engineers with diverse backgrounds. We develop automation tests, tools, frameworks, test plans and run workshops to the wider engineering teams to enable and empower them to deliver products of highest quality. We work across various programming languages, if you think you are strong on one language, feel free to apply. Whilst based in Sydney, you will report to the Principal Quality Engineer.
What you'll do
- Gain an understanding of collaborative, iterative software development including Agile-SCRUM and Kanban methodology
- Gain an understanding of customer-led interface design, including use of personas, user stories and wireframes
- Gain an understanding of how quality engineering plays an integral part of agile development process
- Gain an understanding of how we integrate quality in all aspects of our software delivery
- Gain an understanding of various testing tools, frameworks and methodologies
- You will be exposed to various tools and techniques which the agile team uses’s to test the software before releasing it to the customers
- You will be doing hands-on coding to develop test automation frameworks and tools
- Uphold and contribute to Tyro’s strong risk culture by complying with our policies, completing mandatory training and identifying and managing risks within your day-to-day work
What you'll bring
- Pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related held
- Strong technical prowess, ability to think out of the box and innovation mind set
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment and deliver high quality work product
- Strong focus towards quality and an eye for detail
- Ability to work well in a team establishing good working relationships with peers
Why work for us
We want to work in the company of supportive and inclusive people. To that end, we value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans. All applicants will be considered fairly, so if you feel in your bones that you're right for this role, please apply!
Culture and Perks
We offer competitive graduate salary and some amazing employee benefits such as learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, long service leave program, novated leasing, and a Short Term Incentive Program to name a few.
You will work autonomously, and will be trusted to make your own decisions and prioritise effectively. You will report to a manager, and support will always be there if you need it, but we don't micro-manage.
This role is full time and we offer a flexible hybrid working arrangement. You'll be provided with a laptop and all the tools and support you need to succeed.
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we're much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
We love a reference portfolio - even if that's just a hobby project. If you have contributed to open source projects, charitable organisations or progressed personal projects, please send us a link to your project github/gitlab/bitbucket page, website or app.
Privacy and Submitting your Application