Graduate Technology Risk & Compliance
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
About the role
As a Technology Risk and Compliance Graduate, you will be assisting Tyro to continue to build our security risk and compliance maturity by completing ongoing BAU and cyclical work across our Security Controls Testing Program, Security Awareness Program initiatives, Review of Security frameworks, policies, procedures, Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA), Quarterly RCSA testing and reporting responsibilities.
What you'll do
- Testing of security controls as part of our Risk and Control Self Assessments
- Performing compliance assessments
- Gathering of metric data to contribute to reporting
- Drafting of reports
- Assist with security awareness campaigns/sessions to contribute to a respected security culture and strengthening our security posture
- Uphold and contribute to Tyro’s strong risk culture by complying with our policies, completing mandatory training and identifying and managing risks within your day-to-day work
What you'll bring
- Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science/or equivalent
- Sound understanding of security/technology related risks and controls
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong base in information security concepts
- Understanding of networks/systems/applications
- Good problem solving skills
Why work for us
We want to work in the company of supportive and inclusive people. To that end, we value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans. All applicants will be considered fairly, so if you feel in your bones that you're right for this role, please apply!
Culture and Perks
We offer competitive graduate salary and some amazing employee benefits such as learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, long service leave program, novated leasing, and a Short Term Incentive Program to name a few.
You will work autonomously, and will be trusted to make your own decisions and prioritise effectively. You will report to a manager, and support will always be there if you need it, but we don't micro-manage.
This role is full time and we offer a flexible hybrid working arrangement. You'll be provided with a laptop and all the tools and support you need to succeed.
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we're much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
We love a reference portfolio - even if that's just a hobby project. If you have contributed to open source projects, charitable organisations or progressed personal projects, please send us a link to your project github/gitlab/bitbucket page, website or app.
Privacy and Submitting your Application