Marketing & Communications
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our strong team of 600+ Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
About the role
The Communications Manager, reporting in to the Head of Communications will sit within our People, Communications and Sustainability team. The role will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive communication strategies that align with Tyro Payments key objectives, internally and externally.
What you'll do
- Bring our brand to life by creating compelling, sharable content and materials designed to generate media coverage, industry engagement and social media buzz, positioning Tyro as a champion for specialised small businesses across Australia.
- Support Tyro's Head of Talent to create compelling, sharable content and materials designed to attract talent and build Tyro’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
- Build our excellence in industry by Identifying and pursuing profiling and award opportunities for Tyro and its key spokespeople, positioning Tyro as an innovative fintech leader.
- Supporting the production of company announcements, including partnerships, product launches, offers and compelling corporate milestones.
- Managing the 2024 external communications calendar, driving operational excellence in the Communications team via proactive project management, improvements to systems, processes, and by adhering to Tyro’s approval workflows.
- Working closely with Head of Communications to ensure Tyro’s product claims and company messaging is accurate, up to date and approved on a quarterly basis.
- Monthly reporting on communications activities.
- Uphold and contribute to Tyro’s strong risk culture by complying with our policies, completing mandatory training and identifying and managing risks within your day-to-day work
What you'll bring
- Demonstrates a curious, engaged and proactive learning and growth mindset in your approach to work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of proactively communicating with collaborators, stakeholders, leadership and project team members.
- Demonstrated experience finding and creating sharable, relevant, and newsworthy content in multiple communications, journalist or media agency roles.
- Demonstrated experience creating compelling content that generates interest from target media and customers. Mar-Comms experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to distill and translate complex information into easy-to-understand language.
- Demonstrated ability to create/drive multimedia content production, including photography, design and/or video.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to engage senior and C-suite stakeholders proactively and professionally, internally and externally.
- Demonstrated understanding of PR and communications objectives, with a sophisticated understanding of the considerations related to publicly listed entities, banks and financial services.
- Ability to proactively project manage communications initiatives in complex cross-functional environments, progressing initiatives from end to end.
- Sophisticated ability to assess external communications opportunities critically, demonstrating a sophisticated ability to assess reputational risks and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Responsible for the identification and management of risk day-to-day responsibilities.
- Comply with Tyro policies and procedures including completing mandatory training within the required time frames.
- Role model positive risk behaviours and contribute towards a strong risk culture at Tyro.
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.