Customer Success Manager
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
Due to continued growth, the Customer Success team is expanding and we require a new Customer Success Manager to join our high-performing team to onboard and enable our customers. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading customer interactions, a strong communicator both written and verbal, and able to actively listen and problem solve to provide clear advice and effective solutions.
As a Customer Success Manager, you'll work closely with other CS team roles and cross-functionally with other departments, and you’ll report to the Lead CSM. You’ll be proactive in driving product value and success for our customers, analyzing the causes of their greatest pain points, and working closely to mitigate them using UpGuard’s toolset. You will solicit constant feedback from both customers and colleagues, helping improve UpGuard over time, and you’ll work with customers around the world, from early contact to successful deployment, gaining constant, and unique, insight into the world's most important industries and institutions.
What will you accomplish?
- You will onboard and manage UpGuard customers to ensure they understand how best to use UpGuard effectively to meet their goals.
- You will understand your customer's business in-depth and how they are going to be successful using UpGuard.
- You will identify gaps and provide resources to your customers, including cybersecurity collateral, onboarding success plans, and customer-specific training sessions.
- You will engage your customers early and frequently, to help them get the most out of UpGuard from day one and continue to drive engagement throughout their journey.
- You will translate your customers’ requirements by understanding their risk management frameworks to offer a tailored solution on how best they can utilize UpGuard.
- You will monitor the health of your customers and intervene with proactive education when customers are not effectively using UpGuard to achieve the value they expected.
- You will advocate for the customer by providing updates to internal cross-functional partners (Product, Sales & Marketing) on customer perspectives, risks, strategic insights, issue resolution activities, expansion & cross-sell opportunities
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrated track record of over 2 years in Customer Success or Account Management
- Proven experience in nurturing and cultivating robust customer relationships
- Exemplary organizational skills, adept at enhancing existing documentation and crafting new process guides
- Proficiency in the realm of cyber risk management or familiarity with risk management frameworks
- Exceptional command of the English language, both in written and spoken communication
- Effective collaborator with the ability to seamlessly interface across diverse internal teams, embodying a strong team-player ethos
- Highly motivated and inquisitive, characterized by an unwavering commitment to personal and professional growth
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in Customer Success tools, such as ChurnZero or GainSight
- Experience with a CRM, such as HubSpot or Salesforce
- Experience in cyber risk management or risk management
- Understanding of Cyber Security best practices
- Basic/working knowledge of APIs
- Experience conducting training sessions
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid or Remote: you choose. While we have offices in Sydney & Hobart, we don’t mandate how often you need to be there. We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
My Startup Gig ran an independent review into life at UpGuard. To see what it's like to work at UpGuard, check out their survey results here.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation.
UpGuard is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.